GDT: Flames @ Hawks, 6:30 PM MDT, TSN/FAN960 - The End

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Boy this is a boring game. Chicago dominating, Calgary just shooting the puck out. Blah blah.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Just finished my com-sci final, and I find out the Oilers are winning 6-0. So far, a good night for me. It would be even better if I pass. :laugh:

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Perfect game, Calgary played pretty well, played hard to the end, and lost. And the Oilers lost

No worse than 6th now, pending the lottery.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This wasn't a bad result, kind of wish we would have packed it in instead of getting hot near the end.

Chicago dominated most of the play, Calgary countered well. Really shows some big holes Calgary has. Defensive core kinda sucks to be honest.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Lets hope Carolina and Nashville win tomorrow.. That would put us 4th overall!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
This wasn't a bad result, kind of wish we would have packed it in instead of getting hot near the end.

Chicago dominated most of the play, Calgary countered well. Really shows some big holes Calgary has. Defensive core kinda sucks to be honest.

It's to be expected. This is the first month of our rebuild, and we just lost our best defence-man, and were playing without top players like GlenX. (Baertschi, Tangs)

Bring on the draft!

Hoping for:
1. Monahan / Lindholm
2. Klimchuck / Morrissey / Horvat
3. Hartman

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
It's to be expected. This is the first month of our rebuild, and we just lost our best defence-man, and were playing without top players like GlenX. (Baertschi, Tangs)

Bring on the draft!

Hoping for:
1. Monahan / Lindholm
2. Klimchuck / Morrissey / Horvat
3. Hartman

Damn right!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's to be expected

Oh, I completely agree, but I think that the last few games puts it into perspective of what awaits us. I know that we played with some AHL teams the past few nights, but this team is still missing:

1. Top Line Center.
2. Top Line RW.
3. Top pair D-man.
4. Top goalie (we might have one, but, you really never know).
5. Some could argue a true third line center.

Hopefully this draft goes a long way in figuring this entire situation out. It's exciting having the possibility of getting a player that can change this franchise's fate. The two other firsts will go a long way in figuring things out as well. In addition, one of those might make great trade bait.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Flames pass both the Oilers and Carolina with tonights result. Top 5 pick guaranteed unless a team behind wins the lottery.

awww-yeah-1024x639.png

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Flames pass both the Oilers and Carolina with tonights result. Top 5 pick guaranteed unless a team behind wins the lottery.

I'm pretty sure we only pass Carolina on account of them having a game in hand. If they lose in regulation to the Penguins, they drop back down below us.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm pretty sure we only pass Carolina on account of them having a game in hand. If they lose in regulation to the Penguins, they drop back down below us.

You sir, are correct.

Gotta hope they make it to OT! I'd be so happy with #5. Guarantees us one of Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad