GDT: Flames @ Hawks 2.0, November 1 - You have failed us for the last time, Matxhuos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Brodie gets beaten, and Engelland just lets Kane skate into an open area with weak stick checks. This pairing, brutal.

Engelland prevented Kane from getting to a more dangerous area, which is good. A guy like Kane is usually going to find some room 1-on-1, especially if the defender isn't expecting to be put in that situation.

I disagree with you, Calc, I've liked the pairing. I feel like Brodie needs to find a few more tricks in the offensive zone (because we all know Engelland isn't going to). Right now that pairing is just a steady mix of passing the puck down the boards and shooting wristers looking for tips. But neutral zone and defensive zone, I've liked them.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Let's be reality, though, that was a great period by the Flames. Sign me up for more of that. The Hawks had 2 quality chances by Hossa and Kane, and got one in. The Flames had countless good scoring chances and were getting pucks into the dangerous area for tips and shots with relative ease.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Bennett looked pretty dangerous that period, big fan of that.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like both teams are getting away with a lot of penalties. One thing they aren't getting away with is too much man, though.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Yeah, count me solidly in the Tkachuk stays camp at this point. Was on the fence for a long time, but he's been a good addition to the team and looks better every day. I think he was so hungry for it he just kinda willed himself into the NHL. Big fan of this kid.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Frolik!

Backlund and Frolik forever

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad