GDT: Flames @ Hawks 2.0, November 1 - You have failed us for the last time, Matxhuos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
why you split up backs and fro again gulutzan? How well did that work for you last time guy.
I can't link the tweet, but the Flames twitter said:

"As per Glen Gulutzan, tonight's forward group is not set as one player is sick. THe forward lineup will be determined closer to game time"

Even if they start on different lines, they'll find their way back to each other. Love conquers all.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
“It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of odd lineup decisions and scratched prospects they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know how the game ends… because how could the end be happy? How could the team go back to winning when such weird coaching decisions had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… these line combinations. Even darkness must pass.”

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Probably last minute decision so I wouldn't worry much about the lines.

Flames website seems unreliable anyway, they've had Jokipakka-Hamilton pairing wrong way around at least two times.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I'm hoping it's Monahan that's "sick". Sick of his back hurting and keeping him from 10 points.

Take a breather kid, Freddie's got your back... so to speak

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeesh, those lines.

Not sure what's going on. Really every line has been firing except the top line. If they get going, that's going to be major moving forward.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
“It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of odd lineup decisions and scratched prospects they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know how the game ends… because how could the end be happy? How could the team go back to winning when such weird coaching decisions had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… these line combinations. Even darkness must pass.â€

You get a cookie.

I like it a lot. Even if I'm the only one taking note.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Lol at Familton on the second line.
200.gif

Those lines are horrifying. Brouwer for 1RW 2016

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
“It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of odd lineup decisions and scratched prospects they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know how the game ends… because how could the end be happy? How could the team go back to winning when such weird coaching decisions had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… these line combinations. Even darkness must pass.â€

giphy.gif

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Put Bennett with Gaudreau and Chiasson, Monahan with Frolik or Brouwer (could put Frolik on their left) and put Brodie and Gio together.

I see no benefit to splitting up Backlund & Frolik and Bennett & Brouwer.

Backlund & Frolik are a shutdown line so Gaudreau wouldn't get the offensive support he needs.

Ipso facto, Gaudreau with Bennett & Brouwer needs to happen.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Brouwer (lots of skill with good physicallity)
Ferland - Backlund - Frolik (hard forecheck with sound defense = shutdown)
Tkachuk - Monahan - Chaisson (who knows, but could be a fiesty line to jumpstart Mony)
Versteeg - Hamilton - Bouma (They gotta play somewhere)

Brodie - Hamilton (Should be our top pairing)
Gio - Wideman (make too much to be a 3rd pair)
Kulak - Engelland (they gotta play somewhere)

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I see no benefit to splitting up Backlund & Frolik and Bennett & Brouwer.

Backlund & Frolik are a shutdown line so Gaudreau wouldn't get the offensive support he needs.

Ipso facto, Gaudreau with Bennett & Brouwer needs to happen.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Brouwer (lots of skill with good physicallity)
Ferland - Backlund - Frolik (hard forecheck with sound defense = shutdown)
Tkachuk - Monahan - Chaisson (who knows, but could be a fiesty line to jumpstart Mony)
Versteeg - Hamilton - Bouma (They gotta play somewhere)

Brodie - Hamilton (Should be our top pairing)
Gio - Wideman (make too much to be a 3rd pair)
Kulak - Engelland (they gotta play somewhere)

Forgot about Kulak. He needs to get in the game. His skating is a real asset.

I said Gaudreau/Bennett/Chiasson mostly because Chiasson has looked good with G. I agree that we need our centres changed around but that pairings is pretty good.

Brouwer really seems able to play anywhere, and although him and Bennett work well together, I think it's better serve us to try and use him to spark Monahan.

I also like the idea of Frolik with Monahan because of his excellent defense, and he's quite frankly one of our better playmakers. Backlund I think is strong enough to carry a line with lesser players (has before) but I understand the willingness to keep those two together.

I push this is a few threads, but Brodie really needs to be on the right side.

Gio - Brodie
Jokki - Hamilton
Kulak - Engelland/Wideman

Would look best to me. Brodie is way more efficient when he's on the right, and it keeps one of E/W out.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
This spreading the wealth thing on the D pairings is horse spunk. I don't care if the bottom pairing is going to be kind of weak as a result; get Brodano back together, you bat rastard.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Oh I can't wait to shove the Monahan flag down and all around this board when he's back to himself. Also don't forget, Dougie sucks, he's bad, he plays bad and we should trade him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Oh I can't wait to shove the Monahan flag down and all around this board when he's back to himself. Also don't forget, Dougie sucks, he's bad, he plays bad and we should trade him.

So much this. You'd think the guy hadn't scored all season. If he had a couple apples no one would be talking about him in such grave terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad