Post-Game Talk: Flames Get Water All Over The Oilers' Jacket ... Oilers Lose 8-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We didn't want to be blown out 8-1,though.

I'm really worried on what San Jose is going to do to this team.

8-1 to a lottery team

=

What to a top 3 team?

It's all the same in the standings. A loss is a loss and people were worried about passing Florida/NYI.

Just do yourself a favour and tune into something else when that game goes on.

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
Calgary is defiantly set up better than Edmonton thought out their line up for a rebuild. Can't believe you guys traded Smid to the Flames. The Flames defiantly have way better prospects. Hall,RNH and Eberle are not prospects anymore.

Betrayed by spell checker; using the wrong word spelled correctly. Unless you really did mean they are defiant.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Taylor Hall needs to mature and grow up if he truly wants to be the leader on this team. He's the only player I constantly see *****ing or showing his anger and frustration. Sure, you can say that he is passionate and hates losing, but he's been showing his frustration at even small things throughout the season. You don't see any other player showing this anger - and I can guarantee you that most of them hate to lose just as much as Hall.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Taylor Hall needs to mature and grow up if he truly wants to be the leader on this team. He's the only player I constantly see *****ing or showing his anger and frustration. Sure, you can say that he is passionate and hates losing, but he's been showing his frustration at even small things throughout the season. You don't see any other player showing this anger - and I can guarantee you that most of them hate to lose just as much as Hall.

Only other player I see emotion from is Yakupov......When he's allowed to play.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Only other player I see emotion from is Yakupov......When he's allowed to play.

Well now that Hall and Eakins got into it, I fully expect Yakupov to be benched for the rest of the season.

Hall Penalty = Yakupov Benched
Eberle Toe Drag = Yakupov Benched
Oilers Win = Yakupov Benched
Oilers Loose = Yakupov Benched
Hall Wets Eakins Hair = Yakupov Benched

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Well now that Hall and Eakins got into it, I fully expect Yakupov to be benched for the rest of the season.

Hall Penalty = Yakupov Benched
Eberle Toe Drag = Yakupov Benched
Oilers Win = Yakupov Benched
Oilers Loose = Yakupov Benched
Hall Wets Eakins Hair = Yakupov Benched

Good to see his agent has an account here.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So did anybody else hear that Sunday was one of 4/month mandated days off for the Oilers players?

Interesting.

We'll play like complete ****, you can't do anything.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Honestly this team should be known as the 8ilers until they prove otherwise.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just remember, we wanted a losing team. And we got it.

Speak for yourself there were a number of posters (myself included) that posted at length about how this team was fostering a losing culture by celebrating the draft lottery.

That said the real issue here in my opinion has to do with not buying into the team game. I dont think the water bottle incident had anything at all to do with passion.
It had to do with frustration...not passion.

If Hall wants to be considered a passionate player...then he needs to bust his balls to back check instead of floating. Halls lazy and uninspired commitment to be a complete player shows up game after game after game. It showed up in spades in the beatdown against the Flames.
THAT is a major issue with this team. Hall is the main piece of the core of this team. As such the responsibility falls on him to make damn sure that he does his part in setting an example. That example has nothing what so ever to do with throwing a water bottle...that is meaningless. If Hall really cares that much about the crest on the front of his jersey then he can display the desire necessary to be a team player.

The Oilers got absolutely destroyed by a team with less talent because the Flames do not play as a group of individuals...they play as a team and I have enormous respect for that organization for that. The Oilers on the other hand (more often than not) play as a disjointed group of individuals...no cohesion, no commitment to the cause, just endless examples of floating back on defense and poor efforts if they do happen to get back early.

I am picking on Hall because he is the center piece of this team and as such he needs to grow up and realize how far his influence extends. If Hall doesnt buy into what is trying to be taught then all the buy in from 3rd liners like Gordon and Hendricks dont amount to squat.

Until I see a full buy in from Hall then I wont spend a lot of time *****ing about Eakins.

Its a joke that some people think Hall should be captain.
Hall represents an important part of whats wrong with this team.

Time to grow up shut your mouth, stop mouthing off the refs, stop with the little tantrums and set an example of how much effort you are willing to put into the part of the game that actually contributes to being part of a successful team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not often I agree with you guymez but I do agree about Hall. He still strikes me as incredibly immature. He needs to harness that anger and take it out on someone who really deserves it (and yes there are people who deserve it more than his head coach).

Hall has the tools for a superstar but he needs to start using them.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not often I agree with you guymez but I do agree about Hall. He still strikes me as incredibly immature. He needs to harness that anger and take it out on someone who really deserves it (and yes there are people who deserve it more than his head coach).

Hall has the tools for a superstar but he needs to start using them.

I couldnt agree more.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I couldnt agree more.

He's not soft at all but he sure plays like it. I think I've seen Eberle lay out more guys than Hall this year. He could be the proverbial bull in a china shop if he just went around and hit guys. I get that he's frustrated and believe me, I don't blame him.

But the Flames are embarrassing you in your own building? Go and run one of them over. You may not win every hockey game but you want to make damn sure it's not easy for the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad