Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 1-0 (OT)

Wholl win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Jack right now:

Drunk-Baby.jpg

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
What's the date today?

If this team doesn't make big changes then I'll see yah in 2032............................................

...............another decade peps.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
To the 33 people who voted a Canucks win. I got to admit you almost fluked it but it was kind of obvious that 9 times out of 10 we lose to them. I mean they stomped St. Louis and Florida. Something we have no chance of doing.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
To the 33 people who voted a Canucks win. I got to admit you almost fluked it but it was kind of obvious that 9 times out of 10 we lose to them. I mean they stomped St. Louis and Florida. Something we have no chance of doing.
This was a big game.....they scared us out of our boots....we couldn't do anything!

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I'm just hoping for change.

Give me a new culture.

2013 failed and I don't want it to continue into 2022.

Give me new hope....give me something to cheer about.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
People can complain about missed calls etc, but they happen. The thing people should be complaining about is the complete no show from pretty much everyone not named Demko. The complete PP no show when given two chances in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd. And ya the no show on Millers’s hustle after being wronged by the ref on the winning goal. Hustle may not have mattered but it was a bad look. It pains me to agree with Campbell but he did decide in that moment to play hard done by JT and sulk. (Boudreau was clear afterwards that the effort was not at all acceptable by Miller).

Terrible game and shades of efforts past.

The regime change was the first step but no question in my mind we are going to see major changes on the ice. And those changes likely start soon.

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Damn. Sure glad I missed this one.

This is one of the bleakest non-toxic-management-bashing OT loss GDTs we’ve had in a very long time.

Sorry you paid to watch this turd Jack.

Y’all should really tweet your disappointment with Cassie. We deserve to be respected.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
that myers penalty was a joke. lewis put his glove on his face first. therefore got a reactionary hit by myers. outshot by a large margin wtf. powerplay was god awful boring game. should have tuned to wwe rumble instead lol. miller why... goes 1 on 3 and loses the puck

Funny that they reviewed it and it was pretty clear that the head was point of contact, just a bad play on Myers part.

Did he deserve to be upset, sure, but take a number or hit him clean ffs.

As for the non call in OT, the Canucks got 2 late 3rd period calls already and Tkachuck didn't get his interference call late, it's not like the Canucks were robbed of a win, they simply didn't show up for this game and they didn't deserve to win.

The lack of offense was simply a game killer for them.

As a Canuck fan I can accept the loss but I can't accept just a single SOG until the middle of the second period.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Had to give it a watch on PVR. Made it to the half way mark of the 3rd period and just gave up.

The season is a lost cause. We know it. The new GM and President should see it, and you get a sense the players now know it. It's obvious the players are just waiting for the dominos to fall, so any trades and personnel movement should be done as soon as possible.

Bruce Boudreau is a great systems coach and another players coach but it feels like he's too conservative (old school) in his coaching tactics. Offense is being stifled out of the younger guys.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
feels like we’ve been found out

if you attack them aggressively on d and can control the dump in and board play, our players will default back into the green system of always passing it back to the trailer or, on the pp, to the point man.

was only a matter of time before the new system stopped catching other teams by surprise

so the question is, how will boudreau rebuild our attack and will it be effective?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad