Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 1-0 (OT)

Wholl win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This was an abomination. Garbage hockey Grabage commentary Garbage refereeing, Garbage effort No fans

The NHL is becoming soccer on ice with no idea what calls and when will cost you the game and hope for a bounce cause the goalies are so big and so overstuffed and skilled the cup gets won by an abomination game

Bettman can eat my axx

I may not even stick around to see the day when were good again. What a waste of time.....rather watch Netflix

but im a massachist so see ya next game lol

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Just finished royal rumble, How was the game?

you didn't miss much.

old stuff you already know, new stuff you already seen.

it's pretty clear to us what direction the team should seek, whether it's clear to Aquaman and his underbosses and caporegimes remains a mystery.

Reactions: Tomatoes11

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
More of a penalty than Myers.
idk about that but it was an easy call and caused a 3 on 2 that won the game.

I feel Myers deserved a penalty on that. It probably should have been 5 given th ehead contact but they should have given Lewis 2 for the punch

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
My goodness, the commentary during that game was the worst I can remember...

Also, Petterson was a net negative this game, putrid performance from him...

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Gawd I hate "Sutter" hockey.

You can overcome it with team speed, like the Florida and Carolina teams, but that's not the Canucks forte.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Johnny in the high slot is quite literally the ONLY place on the ice where you cannot say "he shouldn't score from there". That's actually an extremely dishonest critique.

That's extremely high slot, and Gaudreau doesn't have a bullet shot or anything. He's basically at the top of the faceoff circles.

Reactions: Indiana

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Easily the worst game of Boudreau era......getting a point out of this game has to be the hockey equivalent of the Miracle of the Lourdes. Demko should have been the first, second and third star.

Haven't offered up much criticism of Boudreau behind the bench so far this season, but has to get some brickbats for this one. Why that Hovat, Pettersson and Garland line stayed together for the entire night, was a mystery. Garland and Pettersson were completely erased along the wall and Horvat was coming off a long layoff.

I'll go so far as to say that Pettersson can't play the wing in the NHL....just not strong enough. But I guess every game isn't going to be a masterpiece. Take the point and move on.
Damn. Can't play wing, can't play center. I hope next season if we trade a bunch of core pieces, that Pettersson can take the extra responsibility in stride. If not we are in scorched rebuild territory.

Reactions: Indiana

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Trade Miller at the deadline, Boeser at the draft and keep Garland. What happens with the Miller/Boeser trades will determine if this is gonna be a couple year re-tool kind of like the Panthers, or if we need to strip everything down. Jim needs to do very well at the deadline.

Reactions: wonton15

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoglander and Podkolzin are really struggling and their ice-time reflects it. Not sure Boudreau has much confidence in either one of them right now.

As good as Miller has been for the Canucks, that OT play when he tries to go through three guys and than heads to the bench instead of backchecking, is probably one of the reasons he'll be heading out of town by the trade deadline.

He's a force on the offensive side of the puck; but defensively he's only so-so.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Didn't watch the game. Can someone summarize why the PBP was so bad tonight? Or was it just a typical bias Calgary commentary?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad