Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 1-0 (OT)

Wholl win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
feels like we’ve been found out

if you attack them aggressively on d and can control the dump in and board play, our players will default back into the green system of always passing it back to the trailer or, on the pp, to the point man.

was only a matter of time before the new system stopped catching other teams by surprise

so the question is, how will boudreau rebuild our attack and will it be effective?

You cannot rebuild any attack. Boudreau is a lame duck with our roster.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Game highlights.

MAN, Demko looks good.

The team looked like they were told players are being traded very soon, so play better to get to better teams and some just wilted.

The effort was there but effort alone doesn't win games but most often make losing closer and more entertaining.

Still, did they get a shot in the first period?

Will just post this; If a choice between Kane and Miller one thing has to be taken as a thought, the room and I think Miller is more toxic than Kane just in body language.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
feels like we’ve been found out

if you attack them aggressively on d and can control the dump in and board play, our players will default back into the green system of always passing it back to the trailer or, on the pp, to the point man.

was only a matter of time before the new system stopped catching other teams by surprise

so the question is, how will boudreau rebuild our attack and will it be effective?

Pettersson and Boeser are just completely useless at ES. And when your go-to guys are that bad, you're not going to score many goals.

Miller is the only guy who looks like he wants to be a difference-maker or is capable of being a difference-maker.

Reactions: Grantham

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Pettersson and Boeser are just completely useless at ES. And when your go-to guys are that bad, you're not going to score many goals.

Miller is the only guy who looks like he wants to be a difference-maker or is capable of being a difference-maker.

last night i saw a lot of miller being what we disliked about kesler without any of the stuff we liked about him

but my big takeaway was how ineffective quinn was. the team was forced to rely on him a magnitude more than they usually do, which is already way too much, and he just was overwhelmed. guys just don’t know what to do when they are played tight, so they just drop it back to hughes and hope he does some magic. sutter knew this and the forechecker was always already anticipating the drop pass.

there’s a systemic fix here, let’s hope boudreau figures it out and our guys can execute. neither are certainties imo.

Reactions: mossey3535

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
That’s St Louis though. Legit contender. We are perennial dim Jim bottom feeders.
St Louis isn't a legit contender...If it wasn't for their goaltender here, we win that game (you're also forgetting we had 5 regulars out)..The Blues don't resemble the squad they were 2-3 years ago.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
last night i saw a lot of miller being what we disliked about kesler without any of the stuff we liked about him

but my big takeaway was how ineffective quinn was. the team was forced to rely on him a magnitude more than they usually do, which is already way too much, and he just was overwhelmed. guys just don’t know what to do when they are played tight, so they just drop it back to hughes and hope he does some magic. sutter knew this and the forechecker was always already anticipating the drop pass.

there’s a systemic fix here, let’s hope boudreau figures it out and our guys can execute. neither are certainties imo.

Those were poor games for Miller and Hughes offensively (and Miller obviously brought out some of the Bozo stuff at the end) but that game was an exception rather than the rule.

Boeser and Pettersson are invisible at ES basically every single night.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

But noted hockey expert and unbiased party Kelly Hrudey guaranteed a suspension would be coming as well as first degree murder charges…

Cassie Campbells reaction to that hit by Myers was horribly biased, especially her 'cry foul' complaining tone ...John Garrett would probably have the same reaction, but he would do it on a regional broadcast (where he makes no bones about being a homer), not a national one (where he tones it right down)...Obviously, Cassie cant distinguish.

If she's on the next Flames/Canucks broadcast..I am seriously going to mute the TV.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks didn't register a single shot on 3 PP's last night...Juulsen with 19 minutes (under the circumstances, he held up very well).

Reactions: Lindgren

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Cassie Campbells reaction to that hit by Myers was horribly biased, especially her 'cry foul' complaining tone ...John Garrett would probably have the same reaction, but he would do it on a regional broadcast (where he makes no bones about being a homer), not a national one (where he tones it right down)...Obviously, Cassie cant distinguish.

If she's on the next Flames/Canucks broadcast..I am seriously going to mute the TV.

Like I said earlier in the thread, it reminded me of having to listen to Jim Peplinski cheerlead for his ex-teammates in the 1990s.

Every call in favour of Calgary defended.

Every call in favour of Vancouver mitigated, if not outright criticized.

Sportsnet/HNIC need to do better than this. Nobody wants Calgary/Edmonton house crews calling our national games - and Calgary/Edmonton fans probably don't want John Garrett calling their games either.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

He does seem to have a tendancy to 'pout' (Miller) when things aren't going his way. Not sure I'd want him as a Captain. Want somebody a bit more even tempered. Miller would make to be a great "number two" imho.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
St Louis isn't a legit contender...If it wasn't for their goaltender here, we win that game (you're also forgetting we had 5 regulars out)..The Blues don't resemble the squad they were 2-3 years ago.

Dude, have you been following them or just hiding in your Canuck bubble? They are a legit contender. They have never been more balanced actually. They can legit roll 3 scoring lines and their 4th line isn’t that far off from our second line. I suggest you follow other teams more rather than drinking the dim koolaid and you will see how far off we are lol.

We don’t win any game vs St Louis. They actually played pretty bad against us too.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
They looked bad last night, sloppy, Demko is the only reason they were in this game at all. They can have 1 bad game, but if it happens again next game then we have a problem again.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Dude, have you been following them or just hiding in your Canuck bubble? They are a legit contender. They have never been more balanced actually. They can legit roll 3 scoring lines and their 4th line isn’t that far off from our second line. I suggest you follow other teams more rather than drinking the dim koolaid and you will see how far off we are lol.

We don’t win any game vs St Louis. They actually played pretty bad against us too.
Latest odds..Blues are tied for 9th to win the SC......playoff team yes….....SC contender..no
2021-22 Stanley Cup Odds: Avalanche Holding Down Top Spot

This is being generous..most betting odds have them around 12th....

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If you're trading away Miller, Boeser, Garland or Motte, this is considered a rebuild right? There's a good chance a few of these players could be gone, could be a long 5+ years ahead of us.
We are in Edmonton territory: rebuild the rebuilt rebuild.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
He's auditioning.

Miller has been outstanding since the moment he joined the team, and has caught nothing but shit from people here who don't like his "body language" or his turnovers. It's unreal.

Meanwhile EP turns over the puck like 9 times per game but if he gets a secondary assist on the powerplay everyone is like "He's Backkkkk"

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Latest odds..Blues are tied for 9th to win the SC......playoff team yes….....SC contender..no
2021-22 Stanley Cup Odds: Avalanche Holding Down Top Spot

This is being generous..most betting odds have them around 12th....

9th is quite high out of 32 teams. But yeah I don’t need any type of support to suggest they would crush us.

Just look how stacked this line up is and tell me how we are even remotely in the same league.

3FABAAC5-ADE6-4C21-9E45-F04F892EB541.png

That’s stacked. We are not. Lol

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
9th is quite high out of 32 teams. But yeah I don’t need any type of support to suggest they would crush us.

Just look how stacked this line up is and tell me how we are even remotely in the same league.

View attachment 503812

1.They didn’t crush us..we outshot them by double with a depleted lineup ..Mikey DiPietro was in goal…Husso stole the game..STL did not look that great
2…So you agree now that STL are not a SC contender..?

STL are essentially in the same category as the Predators,Wild and marginally better than Calgary..None of these teams are stacked SC contenders…

Last edited:

likash

Apr 17, 2019

View attachment 503812

Blues 3rd line is a second line on most NHL teams. Blues problems are on defence and goaltending. They lost 2 key defencemen from 2020:Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo that can't be replaced.

@POM. We got outshoot 31-15 vs Flames. Outshooting the Blues for 1 game does not mean anything. They got destroyed by the Flames the next day and beat them with 5-1 after 2 days. Top teams don't really go 100% vs the canucks and they use the backup in b2b games against us. They make no distinction between the canucks and Arizona,Kraken,Chicago and other bad teams.

You are still clinging hard to the elite core bulljive you spread here for years. This core is not elite or good, it's just mediocre at best. We are also spending to the cap and can't improve it without making another whole.This is your idol's legacy. You followed an idiot for years. Take the L(loss) and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomatoes11

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Miller has been outstanding since the moment he joined the team, and has caught nothing but shit from people here who don't like his "body language" or his turnovers. It's unreal.

Meanwhile EP turns over the puck like 9 times per game but if he gets a secondary assist on the powerplay everyone is like "He's Backkkkk"
Partly disingenuous post. His body language and effort on the ice was a f***ing joke for like half of last season.

His turnovers in his own end have been a constant issue. Like, obviously on the balance, this is a first line driver. But you just saw in the last two games JT to a tee. That first game against Winnipeg where he's potting a bunch while that Calgary game where he was Bozo.

I think most people on here would also agree that what we saw out of EP out of the first ~34 games this season was far, far worse than anything JT showed in his pouty, low effort first half of 20-21.

Reactions: canuckking1

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Partly disingenuous post. His body language and effort on the ice was a f***ing joke for like half of last season.

His turnovers in his own end have been a constant issue. Like, obviously on the balance, this is a first line driver. But you just saw in the last two games JT to a tee. That first game against Winnipeg where he's potting a bunch while that Calgary game where he was Bozo.

I think most people on here would also agree that what we saw out of EP out of the first ~34 games this season was far, far worse than anything JT showed in his pouty, low effort first half of 20-21.

Pretty weird take considering everyone loved Miller in year 1 and this year. Miller year 2 was a turnover machine and was fairly reliant on PP production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad