GDT: Flames @ Coyotes, The Beginning of the End, 8:00 MT SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Honestly at this point I hope they shut Monahan down for the rest of the season, no point having him play injured when we're pretty much out of it, let him have surgery or whatever he needs to recover and shift focus onto next season.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Honestly the coach should be let go after this game. There’s no reason to prolong it. The players have quit on the season, send the message for next season now.
This is what I thought as well. It definitely looks like he lost the players. They have no motivation when trailing late in the game.

I've said this repeatedly this season, but this team must be the worst at playing with an empty-net in the league. The forwards don't know how to support each other, they don't know how to press, and the D are clueless holding the line. This is completely on coaching. How they play 6 on 5 make me believe they have never practised it all season.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The 2016 season was similar in a way to the last week we've had (as in no Tkachuk on the team). Roster is basically the exact up front as it was 2 seasons ago, but that year after all we endured we ended up drafting Tkachuk.

This year we don't draft until the 4th round.

Enough of this defensive minded bullshit, start acquiring some damn forwards and trust your f***ing prospects. Tell me how Andersson, Kulak, Fox and Valimaki aren't good enough over f***ing dogshit Michael Stone? And while Hamonic solidified the top 4, Brodie regressed playing on the left side and Gio is continually going to get older (albeit still really good). You graduated Andersson, Fox and Valimaki and that's your 2nd line with Vali and Ras and 6th with Fox + pp time. Who f***ing cares if they fail and it takes them a year to find their groove. I'd rather watch them learn and get better than continuing to put up with this shit hockey I watch every 2nd day.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm disappointed, but damn so many people take sports way too seriously lol. I just can't fathom letting what's essentially just entertainment ruining your day like this

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I'm disappointed, but damn so many people take sports way too seriously lol. I just can't fathom letting what's essentially just entertainment ruining your day like this

What's the fun in sports if it doesn't literally dictate your mood the next day?

/half joking

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Honestly at this point I hope they shut Monahan down for the rest of the season, no point having him play injured when we're pretty much out of it, let him have surgery or whatever he needs to recover and shift focus onto next season.

Agreed. Perfect opportunity to have Bennett step up and give him a chance to prove he can be effective in the top 6 too.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Ferland
Brouwer - Backlund - Frolik
Tkachuk - Jankowski - Lazar

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Wow the first couple of verses are too accurate...

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes, again

Can you picture what will be, so limitless and free
Desperately in need, of some, stranger's hand
In a, desperate land

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
If you're an islander fan you should be shot..after what buffalo fans did after the vanek trade its despicable.

To all Flames fans I apologize for his classless remark! That as uncalled for.
Nah, Isles and their fans are cool in these parts just by virtue of the Eberle and Reinhart trades.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
If you're an islander fan you should be shot..after what buffalo fans did after the vanek trade its despicable.

I'm a flames fan. I'm joking because we've been awful for the past 15 games and just dropped a game to the f***ing Coyotes. Plus at this point the pick has zero effect on us so if it wins we all just kind of laugh (a deep sorrowful laugh) I think.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

It's cool man. I just laugh at the Oilers fans mocking us for potentially giving up a high pick as if they didn't just hand Barzal over on a silver platter.

Reactions: Janks

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Appreciate this.

Not sure if everyone here knows, but some Buffalo fans were basically cheering for injuries for Isles in players when they had Isles 1st rd pick.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Appreciate this.

Not sure if everyone here knows, but some Buffalo fans were basically cheering for injuries for Isles in players when they had Isles 1st rd pick.
Wtf I don't remember this. Hope this isn't true but then again Tim Murray wasn't exactly the pinnacle of good influence so...

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Sports affiliations are generally more than simple entertainment, and there's a whole subset of sociology and psychology based around sports (from a fandom perspective as well as for the athletes and organizations). Fandom is a particular form of group affiliation - you'll notice when people talk about their favourite teams they often say "we" rather than "they" in spite of the fact that fans don't have anything directly to do with the team's performance (in practical terms we don't belong to a team any more than we belong to our favourite clothing store). That affiliation means fans often take it personally when a team loses (or wins), and they feel closer to other fans of the same teams by default, even though they may have nothing else in common. That's why people take sports "way too seriously", because it's a lot different than watching a movie or TV show (although I'd argue that people can get far enough into TV shows that they have similarly strong reactions when major events occur in the TV shows they're watching).

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I'm a flames fan. I'm joking because we've been awful for the past 15 games and just dropped a game to the ****ing Coyotes. Plus at this point the pick has zero effect on us so if it wins we all just kind of laugh (a deep sorrowful laugh) I think.
im sorry then, i just remember how we on the isles board felt facing daily sabres fans coming in laughing at us for giving them a top 5 pick plus for vanek. it was a near constant barrage of sabres fans laughing at us on our own board. i didnt want to see ANY Isles fans doing a repeat, its crass and uncalled for, plus since our much loved Travis Hamonic is now a flame, i root for you guys.

youre also an easy team to root for with Gaudreau and Hamilton and Monahan

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Appreciate this.

very true thanks for remembering, it wasnt sporting in anyway. We as isles fans are having a horrid season, but id never root for an injury to any player. even after that creep Dale Hunter tried to Murder Pierre Turgeon,I wanted him arrested Yes, but injured no

that doesnt belong in hockey and as Hunter said to the isles bench at the time: " if I cant win.(the cup, i assume) now neither will you"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Wow the first couple of verses are too accurate...

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes, again

Can you picture what will be, so limitless and free
Desperately in need, of some, stranger's hand
In a, desperate land

You are old man. Well I’m old to cuz I dig this, but you’re older than me.

Reactions: Lazar Beams

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sports affiliations are generally more than simple entertainment, and there's a whole subset of sociology and psychology based around sports (from a fandom perspective as well as for the athletes and organizations). Fandom is a particular form of group affiliation - you'll notice when people talk about their favourite teams they often say "we" rather than "they" in spite of the fact that fans don't have anything directly to do with the team's performance (in practical terms we don't belong to a team any more than we belong to our favourite clothing store). That affiliation means fans often take it personally when a team loses (or wins), and they feel closer to other fans of the same teams by default, even though they may have nothing else in common. That's why people take sports "way too seriously", because it's a lot different than watching a movie or TV show (although I'd argue that people can get far enough into TV shows that they have similarly strong reactions when major events occur in the TV shows they're watching).

Well said SoV.

Reactions: SmellOfVictory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad