GDT: Flames @ Bruins 5:00 PM

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

wouldn't mind a Kuzmenko PP goal right off the hop.
seems good

Definitely a complete team effort here, great road win. Also helped that the Bruins were basically all terrible. I was actually kind of expecting a random Flames W tonight for whatever reason. That's what you do when your team isn't working well, you change it up. Probably won't last but liked the energy. Very physically engaged game from the Flames.

Great : Huberdeau gave us what he's capable of tonight. Was everywhere. Would love to see him finish strong this season. Also a nice Flame debut for Kuzmenko, I can live with a turnover at the blueline or two if he competes like that. Kadri a 3pt night is good to see as well, considering what his play looked like after the all star break last season.

Really Good : Hanifin nice goal and some good zone denials too. Not sure what's going to happen with him, I do like the player but he's not irreplaceable at all IMO. Would trade. 4th line no complaints, good to see Pelts have some chances. Duehr his best game since October. Didn't hate Rooney which is rare. Backlund very quality. Weegar as well I thought.

Solid : Andersson jumping up on the rush, gave up a cpl chances he maybe shouldn't have. Marky not a particularly tough game for him but was big and saved everything he should. Pachal & Kylington seemed to work well. Liked Pachal's physicality. Kylington still getting up to speed I think but had some nice moments. Sharangovich didn't notice him too much either way, caught flat footed a cpl times in the NZ but used his reach well. Mangiapane sticking his nose in there, hit the net tho man.

Not bad : Zary had a nice finish but otherwise thought he got pinched off a little too easily. Little too much hesitation. Pospisil gets partial marks considering he got kicked out, but I like that he stood in there for his goalie. Was pissing the Bruins board off :laugh:Tanev steady and unspectacular. Coleman about the same.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
fry.jpg

Still wouldn't mind a Kuzmenko PP goal right off the hop.
Please say more things like this.

Last edited:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Flames looked like a better team than the 2015 Hartley playoff group, Hanifin better return a haul if he’s playing like this

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm also in the group that wants Hanifin (and Kylington) to stay.

Let's call a spade a spade here, the Flames aren't a great team, but we don't need to go scorched earth to turn the franchise around.

As it stands we're looking at a top 10 pick this year and if we don't target a marquee free agent, we're likely to be even worse next year.

We also have to think about the development of our young players. Do we really want Wolf behind a defense that may only have Weegar and Andersson? Do we want to force Solovyov and/or Poirier into a top 4 role long before they're ready?

And Hanifin is young enough where he'd be a leader and impact player on our "rebuilt" team.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

seems good

Definitely a complete team effort here, great road win. Also helped that the Bruins were basically all terrible. I was actually kind of expecting a random Flames W tonight for whatever reason. That's what you do when your team isn't working well, you change it up. Probably won't last but liked the energy. Very physically engaged game from the Flames.

Great : Huberdeau gave us what he's capable of tonight. Was everywhere. Would love to see him finish strong this season. Also a nice Flame debut for Kuzmenko, I can live with a turnover at the blueline or two if he competes like that. Kadri a 3pt night is good to see as well, considering what his play looked like after the all star break last season.

Really Good : Hanifin nice goal and some good zone denials too. Not sure what's going to happen with him, I do like the player but he's not irreplaceable at all IMO. Would trade. 4th line no complaints, good to see Pelts have some chances. Duehr his best game since October. Didn't hate Rooney which is rare. Backlund very quality. Weegar as well I thought.

Solid : Andersson jumping up on the rush, gave up a cpl chances he maybe shouldn't have. Marky not a particularly tough game for him but was big and saved everything he should. Pachal & Kylington seemed to work well. Liked Pachal's physicality. Kylington still getting up to speed I think but had some nice moments. Sharangovich didn't notice him too much either way, caught flat footed a cpl times in the NZ but used his reach well. Mangiapane sticking his nose in there, hit the net tho man.

Not bad : Zary had a nice finish but otherwise thought he got pinched off a little too easily. Little too much hesitation. Pospisil gets partial marks considering he got kicked out, but I like that he stood in there for his goalie. Was pissing the Bruins board off :laugh:Tanev steady and unspectacular. Coleman about the same.

Hey mate, Bravo as always. Re Hanifin's replacement- would you have any particular name on your mind? Off season FA purchase? Or we slot Brz in early?

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I'm also in the group that wants Hanifin (and Kylington) to stay.

Let's call a spade a spade here, the Flames aren't a great team, but we don't need to go scorched earth to turn the franchise around.

As it stands we're looking at a top 10 pick this year and if we don't target a marquee free agent, we're likely to be even worse next year.

We also have to think about the development of our young players. Do we really want Wolf behind a defense that may only have Weegar and Andersson? Do we want to force Solovyov and/or Poirier into a top 4 role long before they're ready?

And Hanifin is young enough where he'd be a leader and impact player on our "rebuilt" team.
I also want to keep but it has to be a compromised agreement. He cannot demolish Conroy's budget plus got to decide sharpish.
If he is too greedy, unresponsive- we have to pin to the trade block and his stock should really be high now. Could we get cheeky and piece a similar coup as we got for Lindy? Intrigued how this one pans out but can't afford another Johnny debacle.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hey mate, Bravo as always. Re Hanifin's replacement- would you have any particular name on your mind? Off season FA purchase? Or we slot Brz in early?

Kylington. I know he's a bit of a divisive player on this board but personally think he's already good and can still get better with more opportunity. Cheaper and younger should be the war cry for this hockey club until they sort out what the hell they're going to be.

It's Tanev I'm most unsure how Conroy will replace. Either they split up Weegar-Andersson and hope Poirier or Kuznetsov or Solovyov can make a big leap or they sign a cheapish short term 4-5 RD in FA. A 3rd pair is pretty whatever in my mind, just do better than Oesterle.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Kylington. I know he's a bit of a divisive player on this board but personally think he's already good and can still get better with more opportunity. Cheaper and younger should be the war cry for this hockey club until they sort out what the hell they're going to be.

It's Tanev I'm most unsure how Conroy will replace. Either they split up Weegar-Andersson and hope Poirier or Kuznetsov or Solovyov can make a big leap or they sign a cheapish short term 4-5 RD in FA. A 3rd pair is pretty whatever in my mind, just do better than Oesterle.

Divisive in the sense that OKG is right and everybody else is wrong

Reactions: Lunatik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad