GDT: Flames @ Bruins 5:00 PM

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Crazy thing is if Huby is a PPG the rest of the regular season, that only puts him at 61 points this year.

Goes to show how bad his start was.
He was really bad until late december. Even when he had points early in the season he was absolutely awful.

Him and Lindholm never had chemistry. Its why I don't think Lindholm is a big loss for the team.

Not if it blocks acquiring Skjei
Such a smart man. Thinking what is in my head but I don't even say it.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't want to overreact based on one game but I really do think Conroy did awesome with that Lindholm trade.

Lindy is probably the all around better player but the Flames needed a player like Kuzmenko more than him. Backlund and Kadri are both good 2way centers and they're both signed for a while. The Flames badly needed a guy with puck skills and offensive talent in the offensive zone. Someone able to make defenders miss. Someone able to think the game on Huberdeau's wavelength. We have enough quality defensive fwds, we needed more guys who can put some pts on the board.

the 1st, A- RHD prospect and conditional 4th is nice too.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
icegif-1096.gif

Good feeling after that one. Solid performance from the Flames!
Liking the new additions!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Don't want to overreact based on one game but I really do think Conroy did awesome with that Lindholm trade.

Lindy is probably the all around better player but the Flames needed a player like Kuzmenko more than him. Backlund and Kadri are both good 2way centers and they're both signed for a while. The Flames badly needed a guy with puck skills and offensive talent in the offensive zone. Someone able to make defenders miss. Someone able to think the game on Huberdeau's wavelength. We have enough quality defensive fwds, we needed more guys who can put some pts on the board.

the 1st, A- RHD prospect and conditional 4th is nice too.

I agree. Lindholm's time here was just over. And hopefully we're able to capitalize on a skilled guy who's done in Vancouver too. Being lined up with Sharrie and Hubey, maybe that whole group especially Jonathan can be rejuvenated. I think this was all a best case scenario even if it doesn't go perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad