GDT: Flames-Blues @ 7 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
5 v 5 scoring has basically dried up. We aren't going to get 3 PP goals each game. Talbot was ass last night, but he won us numerous games over his past 5 or 6 and other games we should've won if the offense wasn't so awful. 0 confidence this team can go out and beat the opposition at this point.. wayyy to many issues and holes. It's also nuts that Ward is still the coach and that Hanifin/Hamonic are still a thing.. it's crazy when you read some Flames groups FB posts that all the idiots want Brodie gone cause Hammer has "Heart" lol.

Also, Robinson wasn't bad and seemed to be zooming out there. He's probably better than some of the other crap we throw out there like Rinaldo.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Wow. Some of you guys need to relax... I'm as pessimistic as the next guy but I think I'm at least fairly consistent rather than turning on anyone who plays poorly.

Talbot has a 0.919 save percentage this season has been on fire for a month or so. He played poorly, it happens we don't need to bring up an AHLer.

I read CP and find out that multiple geniuses over there arrived at Johnny being bad this game (to be fair the majority have pointed out the ridiculousness of that idea), and it leaves me with a few thoughts.

1. It appears that getting chances and not finishing them is actually a very bad thing. I've always preferred guys who consistently get chances because I thought it lead to goals eventually but maybe in wrong.

2. A few guys don't have any idea how the game actually works and just kinda blame whipping boy of the week.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That was a bad outing for Cambot.
That being said... that dude was lights out for us for most of the year, he's bound to have a stinker here and there. We got a point, we need every point we can get in this dog fight. Would have been better with the 2 points.

I thought each three pairings had a tough outing, Hamonic hurt us, Kylington hurt us and Gio didn't play particularly great either.

I liked Buddy. I think he's a perfect 12/13F.
Benny finally had a solid outing, and Janko wasn't le dog shit. I actually do like Benny and Janko on the wings for Backlund. Backs has been long known to raise players to higher levels.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Buddington E. Robinson was impressive. Reminded me of an older Garnet Hathaway.

Also please put the pitchforks away. Cam had a bad game coming out of the break. It happens. He'll be better in his next start, but until then let's hope Rittich stands on his head.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That was a bad outing for Cambot.
That being said... that dude was lights out for us for most of the year, he's bound to have a stinker here and there. We got a point, we need every point we can get in this dog fight. Would have been better with the 2 points.

I thought each three pairings had a tough outing, Hamonic hurt us, Kylington hurt us and Gio didn't play particularly great either.

I liked Buddy. I think he's a perfect 12/13F.
Benny finally had a solid outing, and Janko wasn't le dog ****. I actually do like Benny and Janko on the wings for Backlund. Backs has been long known to raise players to higher levels.

It’s a story we hear too much... our “great” defense actually isn’t so great.

As @2020FriendshipTour noted, the 5 on 5 scoring has evaporated (again... after it did again last time). The more I’ve watched this team has made me come to the conclusion that we have major talent deficiencies, AND that a terrible system in place is ruining our play even further. Even if the flames somehow squeak into the playoffs, I still want a new coach next season. Giving more pp time to lucic than Monahan in ot is just another’s baffling decision we’ve seen under ward. He’s making gg look good in comparison on a lot of nights.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Talbot's high glove worries me. Very Chad Johnson in that respect. But when called upon, he's received very little offensive help. Probably his first rotten game of the season

Reactions: FlamerForLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad