tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
2yvnz91.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was going to try starting a thread where RA9 could post pictures of his progress as he eats his way from snapback to bill. Good idea?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Okay, so now apparently I am back to 50 vCash? What's the deal with that? I should have 130 as a result of tonight's game!

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
If you don't you will be shunned for life around here.

eh i might give into the pressure, how does one go about eating a hat? cut it up into a million pieces? or throw it into a blender with some milk or something? lol

EDIT: just read that eating your hat can lead to severe intestinal damage....

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
eh i might give into the pressure, how does one go about eating a hat? cut it up into a million pieces? or throw it into a blender with some milk or something? lol

EDIT: just read that eating your hat can lead to severe intestinal damage....

The key is just to find the right hat.

Carmen_Miranda_in_The_Gang's_All_Here_trailer_cropped.jpg

The-Editble-Salsa-Hat-1.jpg

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary is now 4th in the league in points!

Edmonton is in 21st and Vancouver is 28th in the league in points!

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
you guys think flames would sign illya bryzgalov if they are legit this year and are consistent enough to make the playoffs?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
"Are we perfect? No, but we're fun"

Quote from Hartley after the game, probably my favorite of his. Did 'fun' even exist in Butters vocabulary? I think that's the biggest thing right now, these guys are enjoying playing under Hartley, they plaY his style because they want to, not because they are being forced to.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I missed tonight's game, but I'm happy we won. Of the Flames, who was good and who wasn't?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Playoff talk already. Oh my. :laugh:

I agree :laugh:

The same people talking about playoffs will be saying how bad we are and talking about the rebuild/top picks during/immediately after our first loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for optimism, and I would be thrilled if by some miracle we made it. But in no way am I expecting it, after 1 win (over COLUMBUS) no less.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I agree :laugh:

The same people talking about playoffs will be saying how bad we are and talking about the rebuild/top picks during/immediately after our first loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for optimism, and I would be thrilled if by some miracle we made it. But in no way am I expecting it, after 1 win (over COLUMBUS) no less.

No one said we could make it. over exaggeration much. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The highlights for me were Jiri's most awkward goal celebration of all time. Also, Kerr's "Bump and something" call.. Along with "hey, Stempniak is actually 22, not 23, there's 22, they're almost the same size".

Sven looked awesome tonight, and made several fantastic defensive plays, he's really upped his game, I'm very impressed. Monahan is so darn good, he was good last game but was excellent tonight and one of our top players hands down. Backlund had another very good all around effort at both ends. Galliardi played a very good game as did pretty much every forward. Colborne wasn't bad, but he didn't do squat. He needs to play a more physical game out there otherwise callup Knight. I'm not to worried though, it was his first game but he really didn't do anything good or bad out there. He was really our only meh spot tonight.

Brodie was fantastic. Great with the puck yet again. He's actually very good at using his stick in the defensive zone, I also noticed several plays where eluded checks along the board behind the net and made the forechecker look silly. What a great skater and smart hockey player. Gio and Wideman both played very good, and I thought Butler had one of his best games as a Flame, yes I gave him praise.

My last comment is, this is a team I can get behind and cheer for, finally!! A lot of times last year I changed the channel because it disgusted me how the Flames played and finished games. They had no compete and did not care. Trading Iggy and Tangs was long overdue. I'll always love Iggy, but he had to go. This team competes hard, rolls up their sleeves and goes to work, much like our boys back in 03/04'. I'm entertained and I haven't been this excited about the Flames in about 6-7 years. If Monahan keeps this up, he's on the team. It's new era in Calgary and we have lots to he happy about regardless of how this season ends.

Great game and start to the season. Now Hartley needs to find a way to keep pushing these buttons all year so our guys don't plateau. Our coaching staff and Hartley in particular deserve a ton of credit, great job!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad