Flames: away from the rink

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Ferland as Hulk and Hamilton as Iron Man?? That's got to be more than a mere coincidence...

Someone on the Flames front office or team DEFINITELY reads HFBoards. :laugh: I can't tell who Captain America is though. Bouma, perhaps?

Cap'n is Bennett.

This is amazing though. Flames exec on HF, show yourself!!! :laugh:

Aug 3, 2010
No ****ing way. Thats Bennett as Capt America as well I think.

You might just be right, but I can't really tell. But... 75% accuracy? That cannot just be a coincidence. It's one thing to be like "sweet, let's dress up for the kids, coomunity stuff, etc." It's another thing entirely to choose the players to wear the costumes they did... someone knows. :laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
You might just be right, but I can't really tell. But... 75% accuracy? That cannot just be a coincidence. It's one thing to be like "sweet, let's dress up for the kids, coomunity stuff, etc." It's another thing entirely to choose the players to wear the costumes they did... someone knows. :laugh:

:0 Hamilton???

Blake Heynen @BlakeHeynen
For the ones who questioned Dougie Hamilton's character, he was the one that came up with the idea to surprise kids at the hospital. #Flames

Aug 3, 2010
75% HFBoards avatar accuracy confirmed - Bennett is definitely Captain America.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guys? You are missing the obvious connection to our boards in that photo.

Josh Jooris.

My money is on shaner mentioning the avy's to Josh and then him telling the guys on the team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well played.

And here the rest of us were thinking the Flames organization was just monitoring CFHF.
Well that is a possibility, but since there is 1 degree of separation between that photo and CFHF, I am leaning towards the latter :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That is just to awesome! Also, super cool of these guys to do that. Some of our players are heroes to these kids that have a terminal illness. I honestly don't know if I'd be strong enough to do that. Kids are so innocent, I just can't handle seeing a little guy or girl that sick. Hopefully their visit brought tons of happiness to those kids!

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
No ****ing way. Thats Bennett as Capt America as well I think.

LOL, just came in to post this in case nobody had. II's avvy's were obvs the first thing to come to mind... I have to wonder whether they were inspired by them! :yo: Such great guys for doing it, especially Ferly going green-face for the Hulk. Just awesome :D

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Eh, Hamilton totally seems like the type of person who would browse an online forum about hockey.

Pretty neat though.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I sure hope Dougie doesn't read these boards lol, I believe in you Dougie!!!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Actually, I'm pretty sure someone on the team is aware of what's happening on HFCF. Was listening to a Glencross interview yesterday and he was talking about "scoreface". Fairly certain that phrase was coined during a GDT on this site (as a play on scarface).

The Flames' facebook page regularly used it, too, so there's an indirect link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad