Flames: away from the rink

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Stajan kissing Jooris on the cheek :biglaugh::biglaugh:

This is a look into the relationships between the players we rarely see and this is very much why Stajan may not be available on the trade market. I won't guarantee he won't because it's silly to speak in absolutes but Stajan could very well be (and I do think he is) one of the most important guys in the room.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Is that Morgan Freeman's voice?

They could have used someone who has a similar voice. I have heard Morgan Freeman, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger voices in local commercials as well. It probably is him though, because wouldn't that be illegal for false advertising?

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
I always had the impression Hiller was pissed about Ramo getting a lot of the ice time recently. Maybe not pissed but upset, which is understandable for goalies. My perception changed when Hiller gave Ramo the fire hat. They are teammates, but he acknowledged Ramo playing well. He deserved it.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Stajan kissing Jooris on the cheek :biglaugh::biglaugh:

This is a look into the relationships between the players we rarely see and this is very much why Stajan may not be available on the trade market. I won't guarantee he won't because it's silly to speak in absolutes but Stajan could very well be (and I do think he is) one of the most important guys in the room.

I agree with this post more after watching the behind-the-scenes and mic'd up videos. He's going around talking to everyone, especially to all the young players to keep a light mood in practices.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree with this post more after watching the behind-the-scenes and mic'd up videos. He's going around talking to everyone, especially to all the young players to keep a light mood in practices.
Agreed, I love that they are giving us a look behind the scenes and the players are more than willing under the old regime.

The more I see, the more I am convinced that Stajan is one of, if not the most beloved guys in the room. From the reactions from the guys when he broke a long scoring slump under Brent Sutter, to Burke making a point to give him a 4 year extension (after being the guy to trade him in Toronto), to the team reaction to his goal after the tragedy last year, to all the clips coming out this year.

My thoughts on this are just getting more and more solidified and I don't think anyone could convince me that I am wrong (you know, more than usual lol).

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Jiri proves he's the best teammate in the league

CA9kqUTUYAA5IkK.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad