GDT: Flames @ Avs | Sunday, September 28th, 6pm MT (radio only) | in search of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Lost to an AHL team again. Couldn't register one SOG during the 6 vs 4. Preseason or not, that can't be good for confidence.

Mack only 1 SOG and no point, same for Iggy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know how anyone who listened to that game could panic. Couldn't buy a goal, robbed time and time again. Would everyone feel better to play like crap and get a lucky bounce win. Get all the bad luck out now, they will be hungry. Timing, chemistry they could work on, that's true.

Anyone want to argue shots 36-24 they got outplayed?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's pre-season, Bro-seff.

When Roy and the players are saying that they are really trying to win and that they can't just flick the switch when the season starts, are they lying?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It's pre-season, Bro-seff.

And? It's ok to be a bit worried about losing 5 straight games. I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, but it's not going to instill confidence either. Our depth isn't producing, at all.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Clearly there is some kind of a master plan by Roy to lose all the pre-season games to gain something in the regular season

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
When Roy and the players are saying that they are really trying to win and that they can't just flick the switch when the season starts, are they lying?

Exactly they said they were concerned as well.

Curious why some members are so offended when someone voices concern. But as a member of HF it's not ok. Sounds good.

No one is planning the tank. They are just worried about some issues that are pretty obvious so far this year.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I don't know how anyone who listened to that game could panic. Couldn't buy a goal, robbed time and time again. Would everyone feel better to play like crap and get a lucky bounce win. Get all the bad luck out now, they will be hungry. Timing, chemistry they could work on, that's true.

Anyone want to argue shots 36-24 they got outplayed?
We beat them in Corsi!! Good enough for me.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/1
We're tied with the Blues for last place :scared: :scared: :scared:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's played Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog and O'Reilly three games in four days now. If they play again Tuesday because they desperately want a win, it's a problem.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
We beat them in Corsi!! Good enough for me.

This is coming full circle. You can't win on this site. Last year all of us could justify being outshot and winning. Now we're losing and outshooting other teams... but we played better because we had more shots?

:laugh:

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
This is coming full circle. You can't win on this site. Last year all of us could justify being outshot and winning. Now we're losing and outshooting other teams... but we played better because we had more shots?

:laugh:
attachment.php

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He's played Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog and O'Reilly three games in four days now. If they play again Tuesday because they desperately want a win, it's a problem.

While i don't think losing is good. I do think it's important to keep our starters safe.

EJ's situation would've been terrible.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I wonder if Blues' fans are panicking for no reason as well on their board, they don't have a win yet either.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't care about criticism but be rational about it.

Rational: So far Iggy has been killing the line he's playing on.
Rational: Losing with most of your lineup against AHL teams can't be good for confidence

But on the other hand...

Rational: It's better in preseason to lose while dominating than to play bad and win on a lucky bounce

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think anyone has been irrational. Even in my case. All I'm saying is losing, a non-working pp, and not scoring is concerning. I'm sure by the time it counts it'll be fixed.

Non working PP when they scored on it twice last game? Yes they need to score more but it wasn't by not trying. I seriously think if they won the game but had 10 SOG people would feel better. And I'm not one of those delusional optimistic people either. What do you want them to do differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad