GDT: Flames @ Avs - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If you want to get brain cancer trying to rationalize Oiler fans thoughts, read their out of town thread on this game.

Reactions: Tkachuky

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Edmonton gets thoroughly dominated by Colorado and loses with Landeskog and Rantanen out of the lineup: “wow what an incredible team, class of the league”

We beat them without Kadri and Makar: “lmao flames lucked out Colorado had everyone injured”

Don’t forget the back up goalie excuse. And also because a game was on a Monday night in December with Jupiter a few inches further to the right than usual while having 2 airplanes flying over Pepsi Centre during the game.

Reactions: DubeWheresMyCar

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
7bqmbpg.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At this point Hanifin - Hamonic may as well be our 3rd pairing. Kylington - Andersson are smooth as butter.
Hanifin without Hamonic so far has been stellar, like almost our best Dman. Together, they're abysmal. I would personally chauffeur Trav to Winnipeg before the roster freeze because he doesn't look good in our system anymore

Reactions: viper0220

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hanifin without Hamonic so far has been stellar, like almost our best Dman. Together, they're abysmal. I would personally chauffeur Trav to Winnipeg before the roster freeze because he doesn't look good in our system anymore

Eh, Hanifin's had his moments for sure, but we could stand to trade him for a Dougie Hamilton type once Valimaki is back. Ollie and Juuso are beastmode.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
MACKINNON >>>>> gaudreau

Avs best player played huge tonight... ours played like the tiny Tim he is.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Eh, Hanifin's had his moments for sure, but we could stand to trade him for a Dougie Hamilton type once Valimaki is back. Ollie and Juuso are beastmode.
The only other guys in the league that remind me of Hamilton are Trouba, Risto, and Sergachev and I don't think any of them are quite as well-rounded as Hanifin.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Hanifin with Andersson was our top D-pair. Hammer comes back and the 2nd pairing goes straight into the toilet again.

It won't happen, but when Valimaki comes back the pairings should be Hanifin-Ras, Valimaki-Ollie and Hammer traded off for picks and keep Stone (this kills me btw) as the depth d-man.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Don’t forget the back up goalie excuse. And also because a game was on a Monday night in December with Jupiter a few inches further to the right than usual while having 2 airplanes flying over Pepsi Centre during the game.
Avs beat the Oilers with a even more beaten down Avs team. Their PBP guy was going on the whole about how the Oilers were at a huge disadvantage because of the altitude....

Reactions: Areid1990

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
CP is now posting gifs of Ghost as well.

They really love me over there.

#obsessed

They don't call me Papa for nothing.

nidCGdV.gif

Reactions: super6646

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I just want to mention that the Flames only took 2 penalties tonight. Outstanding.
Do we really want Bennett back in the lineup? You know for sure that he's going to take 1 or 2 stupid ones every game once he's back.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just want to mention that the Flames only took 2 penalties tonight. Outstanding.
Do we really want Bennett back in the lineup? You know for sure that he's going to take 1 or 2 stupid ones every game once he's back.

You seem upset tonight. :huh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Huh?? Not sure why you think that. I think the team, in general is playing very good.
:laugh: I just read two of your posts. You took a shot at Johnny for being small and not being a top 2 player in the league in one, then took a shot at Bennett who isn't even playing tonight in the other.

DdBe.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
:laugh: I just read two of your posts. You took a shot at Johnny for being small and not being a top 2 player in the league in one, then took a shot at Bennett who isn't even playing tonight in the other.

DdBe.gif
I took a shot at Gaudreau because I thought, after watching the excellent game he played on Saturday, the Johnny Hockey we all know and love was back. Tonight's game just showed that Saturdays game was an aberration.
I mentioned Bennett because he'd been mentioned a couple of time in this thread and as far as I'm concerned the Flames are playing better without him in the lineup than with him and the stupid penalties he takes.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I took a shot at Gaudreau because I thought, after watching the excellent game he played on Saturday, the Johnny Hockey we all know and love was back. Tonight's game just showed that Saturdays game was an aberration.
I mentioned Bennett because he'd been mentioned a couple of time in this thread and as far as I'm concerned the Flames are playing better without him in the lineup than with him and the stupid penalties he takes.
They've also been better with Geoff Ward behind the bench, and we haven't seen what he looks like in that scenario. The Flames were bad with or without Bennett before the coaching change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad