Post-Game Talk: Flames @ Avès | Should've brought a jockstrap instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orwell1984

Feb 10, 2009
Maybe his quotes are not memorable? Reporters tend to interview a number of players, it is just that Duchene, EJ, and JSG are all the quotable ones right now.
Maybe, but it seems to have been this way the entire season excluding the injury time of course.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's interesting that we don't get any quotes from the captain on the state of the dressing room or the team. What's the deal?

I don't see what purpose it would serve for Landeskog to officially evaluate the team. If there is anything to say, he can say it in the room.

I realize in this culture of 24/7, twitter and so on, fans have come to expect transparency but there is pretty much nothing Landeskog could say that some part of the fan base wouldn't deliberately misunderstand and go off on.

Just because Giguere did what he did, don't expect this teams laundry to be aired in public.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's interesting that we don't get any quotes from the captain on the state of the dressing room or the team. What's the deal?

At 20 years of age Landeskog isn't gifted with talent like let's say Crosby to speak out, criticize his teammates for not playing hard, then back up his words with 5 point production in the next game. Crosby could do it, Landeskog can't.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
At 20 years of age Landeskog isn't gifted with talent like let's say Crosby to speak out, criticize his teammates for not playing hard, then back up his words with 5 point production in the next game. Crosby could do it, Landeskog can't.

Landeskog can still smash someone through the boards but doesnt seem like he wants to play that style anymore. Instead he watched some Foppa montages on youtube and figured he can be a great playmaker all a sudden.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I swear, this whole thing is either a big act worthy of an academy award, or everybody in the Avs organization is blind as hell.

This team can't win many games even if everyone plays their hardest. Switch the Avs d core with the Hawks, I bet you Avs make the playoffs Hawks don't, very simple.

The Avs organization needs to get a clue including Giguere before he speaks out.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Elliotte Friedman was just on Fan960 trying to shed some light on the Giguere situation. Just said that Giggy knows that winning is large part mental, and the attitude that you bring into every game. Doesn't want these guys to think that it is OK to lose and expect to come into next season and win.

He also said that people around the league think that the Avs squad is largely emotional. When they get down on themselves they don't have the fundamental system to fall back on. They rely on their emotion, or jump to win games. And it just won't be there for 82 games.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Elliotte Friedman was just on Fan960 trying to shed some light on the Giguere situation. Just said that Giggy knows that winning is large part mental, and the attitude that you bring into every game. Doesn't want these guys to think that it is OK to lose and expect to come into next season and win.

He also said that people around the league think that the Avs squad is largely emotional. When they get down on themselves they don't have the fundamental system to fall back on. They rely on their emotion, or jump to win games. And it just won't be there for 82 games.

And really, most of that boils down to the age of our team. Almost every player on this team is below the age of 25. All of our core guys except Stastny are under 25.

Were still an incredibly young team that has a lot of maturing to do yet. Sacco may not be the biggest problem. I think the problem is there are not enough vets who have been through it all like Giggy that can teach these guys to keep the emotions in check and focus on winning.

Were too young, we need to add older guys to teach the young guys not just the on ice stuff, but the off ice stuff as well. Hopefully Sherman sees that and addresses it this summer by signing someone like Scuderi.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
And really, most of that boils down to the age of our team. Almost every player on this team is below the age of 25. All of our core guys except Stastny are under 25.

Were still an incredibly young team that has a lot of maturing to do yet. Sacco may not be the biggest problem. I think the problem is there are not enough vets who have been through it all like Giggy that can teach these guys to keep the emotions in check and focus on winning.

Were too young, we need to add older guys to teach the young guys not just the on ice stuff, but the off ice stuff as well. Hopefully Sherman sees that and addresses it this summer by signing someone like Scuderi.

And gets a coach with a proven system that can be leaned on when the team underperforms.

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Landeskog can still smash someone through the boards but doesnt seem like he wants to play that style anymore. Instead he watched some Foppa montages on youtube and figured he can be a great playmaker all a sudden.

He may just be using what's left of the season to work on his playmaking ability... I saw good hits from Landy versus CGY yesterday. Perhaps he's trying to be an even more rounded player.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He may just be using what's left of the season to work on his playmaking ability... I saw good hits from Landy versus CGY yesterday. Perhaps he's trying to be an even more rounded player.

I like my Landeskog pissed off, north south hockey, crash the net, get a few goalie interference penalties in the process. Not this passive playmaker crap I been seeing all yr. Yah he had a few hits last night but compared to last yr hes taken a step back in that department and his shot totals arent what i expected of him this yr. I know im being rough on the kid but last night when he lost the puck 3 times on the PP it really irked me I dont remember him getting beat like that last season.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
I like my Landeskog pissed off, north south hockey, crash the net, get a few goalie interference penalties in the process. Not this passive playmaker crap I been seeing all yr. Yah he had a few hits last night but compared to last yr hes taken a step back in that department and his shot totals arent what i expected of him this yr. I know im being rough on the kid but last night when he lost the puck 3 times on the PP it really irked me I dont remember him getting beat like that last season.

The stint in Sweden had a positive effect on Duchene while it seems to be the opposite when it comes to Landeskog. When Gabe joined Djurgården he was expected to be the skilled guy putting up points but that isn't really his game and he seems stuck in some kinda limbo trying to both hustle and be flashy. If we actually had a coach then that coach could tell him to play the kinda hockey he is best at.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
The stint in Sweden had a positive effect on Duchene while it seems to be the opposite when it comes to Landeskog. When Gabe joined Djurgården he was expected to be the skilled guy putting up points but that isn't really his game and he seems stuck in some kinda limbo trying to both hustle and be flashy. If we actually had a coach then that coach could tell him to play the kinda hockey he is best at.

Typical sophmore slump thing IMO. He thinks he is expected to play a more skilled game instead of just the game that got him here and made him succesfull in year 1. He tries to take the next step with this playmaker-act but it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad