Post-Game Talk: Flames @ Avès | Should've brought a jockstrap instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
I wonder who Patrick Roy would have killed by now if he was playing on this team hahaha that man hated losing more then he liked winning

Spot on. Unless my memory fails me, during his prime he almost never lost 2 in a row. If he got beat one game you could always count on him coming out with the fire.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Giguere's comments might be more controversial if Colorado had more than two wins in the last 15 games.

landesberg

varlamov4ever
May 29, 2011
London, ON
good thing this is a shortened season. i don't even want to imagine what it'd be like if we were 40 games into a 82 game season...

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
“It’s not constructive. We have to find a way to get out of this losing mentality, you know? It starts with me and the guy beside me and everyone has to do their part.”

What is Giguerre talking about? We all know there is no such thing as a losing mentality or a losing culure. :sarcasm:

"Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games, than playing every minute of the games. Quite frankly, I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now.”

Well, seems like there is more than a couple of guys that are not putting in the effort and have given up on the season alrealdy. To bad no one has bad mouthed the organization yet, so no one will be accused of throwing games away.

But maybe someone can find proof looking through games highlights. :sarcasm:

For those craving for a new coach as if he is the problem, we should not forget that this "culture" starts from top to bottom. It starts with PL and Sherman.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Giguere knows what he is doing. He's old and strong enough to dare risking that people get pissed at him. His comments will embarrass some of the players and get the attention of the front office in a hurry. If there is any culture problem here, Giguere did Avs a huge favor.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
SOB is a given, O'Byrne is a likely candidate too yeah I know he is gone now but still. Wilson,ROR,PAP and McGinn also strikes me as Vegas types. Basically everyone that is friends with TPS:p:;)

PAP might be a Vegas type, but he has been busting his ass out there trying to win games. I see absolutely no reason to question his effort level. I'm positive you can rule out him. I think you can also rule out Duchene, Landy, Varly (I get the sense that he is more pissed than JSG), PJ, Olver, Barrie, Bordy, DVG, Malone and Elliott. Then the veterans like Hejduk, Hunwick, Hejda, McLeod, JSG, Kobasew, and Zanon are mature enough not to be doing that. That doesn't leave very many names... Stastny (who I would lean to not including), ROR, SOB, Wilson, and Jones.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Probably was more of a harmless comment made by a player that an angry Giguere overheard, and it came right after another loss in a string of abysmal play that set him off.

Good for Giguere to publicly call out this team though, for what they are doing. The Avs protect their players from direct public scrutiny seemingly more than many teams. It helps the media does not really cover the team with much gusto. Maybe the public "flogging" from Giguere will remind these guys that win or lose, giving less than 100% is unacceptable

Neither Sacco, Sherman, PL, or KSE is enough of an excuse for player to give the lackluster and embarrassing efforts they have the last few weeks.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not like Calgary were better. They were outshot and outchanced. Joey MacDonald was by far the best player in the game. They're a mess too, just more (or less, depending on your perspective) lucky.

Giguere played well. Probably should have had the Tanguay goal, but other than that he was one of the better Avs players.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
It's not like Calgary were better. They were outshot and outchanced. Joey MacDonald was by far the best player in the game. They're a mess too, just more (or less, depending on your perspective) lucky.

Giguere played well. Probably should have had the Tanguay goal, but other than that he was one of the better Avs players.

This is a team that just traded their two best players, this is a team we should beat, no excuses.

The effort agaist the Coyotes was a disgrace on saturday and wasn't much better last night either.

I'm sure that if the team had skated hard like they did on friday against Detroit, they would probably have a better result last night.

They don't bring their best effort most nights is has happend a lot over the past few years. Blame Sacco, but the players have to take the most share of the heat for this.

That's why i didn't mind Chambers asking Duchene about Seth Jones the other day. Those guy are not babies, if they are playing like they want to finish last might as well ask than about the top prospect in the draft.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Our roster last year was superior. Winnik, McClemment, Quincey, every single one of those guys made our defensive play better. McGinn overachieved for the few games he was here at the end of last season, and is right back to being the player that he was for San Jose.

The ONLY improvement to this season's roster compared to last season's is Parenteau. Hejduk has regressed to the point where he is just not a scorer, and Parenteau cancels that out. But overall, we lost far more than we gained. The defensive core of the team has been completely gutted over the past two seasons, by losing quality defensive forwards and defensemen and replacing them with generic fourth line grinders and bottom pairing defensemen.

Blame the coach though... because it has nothing to do with the quality of our roster getting worse and worse every single year.

The only guy you just listed that were really important was McClement.

Him gone is a noticeable difference. Quincey was useless here, just like he has been in Detroit. He might have been a small upgrade to Zanon, but not a whole lot.

And Winnik was never of any use to us either. He was being poorly used by Sacco last year creating more problems then good for us.

If we draft Jones this summer, we will more then replace Quincey from last year.

Sacco is the problem, if you cant see that from Giggy's comments tonight, then I don't even know why I am typing this.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Come on Chambers, you like to stir **** up. Find out which players were planning to go to Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad