GDT: Flames at Rongos: 5pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
3rd game in 4 days like someone mentioned earlier. Not a great effort but nothing to panic about. I don’t think you move Sam unless it puts us over the top and nothing Sam fetches will put us over the top. He’s a cheap capable third liner.

Janko is starting to find the grind of a full season long, much tougher than NCAA or even the AHL. I don’t think either of them should be moved, let them play through it and learn.

Either add a cheap third liner or wait for Versteeg and try and make the playoffs. Not the time to make a panic move

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

We weren't ready to play.

Again.

Fine...care to explain why?

IMO

1) Teams have guys that are lack consistency or competitiveness...Monahan, Brodie to be specific. They look great when they are on but half the time, the are not even there

2)Secondary has guys that are too old to kick it every game or young guys that lack of talent and shouldnt be everyday player

3)The coaching staff that does not know how to manage the lineup. They keep rolling out the same shit and expect it to work everytime. When it doesnt work (i.e. PP) they are clueless

I agree with the cheerleaders that this team has the talent to be a playoff team but the above flaws are probably fatal.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
3 games in 4, you guys have to realize how tired they probably were. No excuse, but they all looked damn tired last night. Expect a bounce back against the islanders tomorrow.

Reactions: snipetype

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Atleast he's being truthful. Makes me rage when the coach comes out and makes excuses, bad bounces, hot goalie yada yada. I can atleast watch the team when they don't make excuses, when they complain about bad luck it's unbearable.

Aug 3, 2010
The team wasn't ready to play because Gulutzan is distracted thinking about how he's going to win curling gold at the Olympics.

zfrHchV.jpg

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
3 games in 4, you guys have to realize how tired they probably were. No excuse, but they all looked damn tired last night. Expect a bounce back against the islanders tomorrow.

Tired?

That is such a weak excuse but even more frustrating when they are playing a Rangers team that looked ready to quit from the drop of the puck.

This am been an ongoing issue all year long with this team not being able to put teams away when up. Early in the season they were able to hold and pull those games out but too many times this year we haven't been able to get that extra goal to put the game away early and instead hold on by our fingernails all 3rd period long.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Both teams looked slow last night. Rags appeared beatable.

Oh well. Moving on to the next one. We've got to make hay now.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Tired?

That is such a weak excuse but even more frustrating when they are playing a Rangers team that looked ready to quit from the drop of the puck.

This am been an ongoing issue all year long with this team not being able to put teams away when up. Early in the season they were able to hold and pull those games out but too many times this year we haven't been able to get that extra goal to put the game away early and instead hold on by our fingernails all 3rd period long.

I literally said that is not an excuse...I'm simply pointing out that they looked tired all game.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Teams have bad games. It happens.

I thought the PP started to show some life for the first time in months. Guys were moving around. Trying things. I’d say that’s a big positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad