GDT: Flames at Oilers: Stoppable force vs. movable object. 7pm MT on SNW

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
At least we're getting points :dunno:.

Silver linings, but this team has deep deep problems.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Get Bennett, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Hamilton, and Ferland out there as PP1. I'd be stunned if that group didn't score.

That is basically the 2nd unit and they're just as bad as the first.

It has nothing to do with personnel, it's all strategy. Flames fixed the personnel 10 games ago and put Tkachuk, Backs and Gio out there over Brodie, Brouwer and Ferland and it still looks like complete shit.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Need to seriously fix the Power play

And get some secondary scoring help. Stajan should never be in the lineup again. He contributes nothing.

Guy like Lazar and Hathaway should be rotated in out and and keep hungry all the time. Probably same with Jank and Bennett.

Monahan is what he is, not sure what to do about that...Gaudreau may need a break.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
Man what a game. It sucks the Flames lost but it was very entertaining for a hockey fan. Both teams had many chances to win in regulation, even in over time before it went to a shoot out. End to end action. And like one poster said, for a 4 game losing streak atleast they lost all these games in over time to still get 1 point for each game. Every point helps.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Vegas and Tampa both at home right after the break, huge tests against the best in the league in a building we've struggled in this season.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Gaudreau and Monahan need some time apart. The latter's in a funk while the former's far too in his own head when it comes to shooting. Monahan tends to be more assertive away from Gaudreau anyway and this team needs scoring depth in the worst way right now.

It's going to be a long wait until the summer when Cameron is finally let go. A shame it's largely unprecedented for only one assistant coach to be let go mid season while the rest of the staff stay on.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Get Bennett, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Hamilton, and Ferland out there as PP1. I'd be stunned if that group didn't score.

Not sure why they dont use Hamilton much on the PP. The guy looked like he got his offense together a few games ago.
Forget about Bennett man...the guy is hot garbage when it comes to scoring.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Gaudreau and Monahan need some time apart. The latter's in a funk while the former's far too in his own head when it comes to shooting. Monahan tends to be more assertive away from Gaudreau anyway and this team needs scoring depth in the worst way right now.

It's going to be a long wait until the summer when Cameron is finally let go. A shame it's largely unprecedented for only one assistant coach to be let go mid season while the rest of the staff stay on.
When Frolik returns this would be an interesting line-up:
Bennett-Janko-Gaudreau
Tkachuk-Monahan-Ferland
Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer
Mangiapane/Lazar/Hrivik-Stajan-Hathaway

Spreads offence out more and gets the most out of Brouwer while keeping him with Backs.

Reactions: Calculon

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I can't believe in the broadcast they mentioned we had the 5th best road power play.

I don't believe it, they must be lying to me.

Sep 13, 2009
Getting sick and tired of losing to the McOilers. They're one win away from sweeping us for the second straight year. How *freaking* embarrassing! :thumbd:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sad because they're a horrible team. What does that say about us.

tenor.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
So is McDavid going to get a hearing for his "abuse of officials" penalty at the end of the game?

He shouldn’t, he just told them to check it. Kind of immature but I would have been frustrated too. That call in OT was bs, no matter how much I hate the oilers

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That was pathetic. They had a PP to open the scoring against the worst in the league... and they couldn't do it.
Special teams suck. We need external help and Frolik back. Brouwer and Hath were horrendous last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad