GDT: Flames at Oilers, October 4 2017, 8:00 MT, Sportsnet

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
I think we can win this one.. but would feel a lot more confident if Jagr and Janko were playing as were basically icing the same lineup that lost 6 games to Oilers last year, with the exception of Hamonic and Smith.

Edit: Oops... Forgot about Tanner Glass. I'm sure he'll make a HUGE difference.

How about the fact that Wideman isn't playing? Smith also shouldn't shit the bed but I guess you never know.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bartkowski is the new Wideman
Glass the new Grossmann

We'll see if Smith can avoid pulling a Elliott

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bartkowski is the new Wideman
Glass the new Grossmann

We'll see if Smith can avoid pulling a Elliott
There is a big difference, though. 5 capable defencemen out there. I wish Bart wasn't out there, but at least he's only one guy on the third pairing. Wideman was playing against McDavid last year.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm not even excited guys

200w.gif

6-5 Flames in shootout.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just hope this game is well-officiated. Would suck if the Flames come in and then have to play 5 on 8 like last year against these punks.

That would be nice, I doubt it happens though. Really hope our penalty kill is up to par because I forsee the refs giving us a lot of penalties tonight.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So Kulak and Jankowski are like sunglasses then

I mean don't get me wrong. I don't get the decisions really. But Glass was a hell of a lot better than Grossman was in the preseason.

And Bartkowski can't make a pass to save his life but at least he doesn't go fishing like Wideman always did.

As long as we don't sign stupid long term UFA deals in the summer then I don't really care what the lineup looks like the first few games.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
How the f*** does Winnipeg have all these great players and still sucks every year? They need to blow up their team

Reactions: Sk8M8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad