GDT: Flames at Oilers: 8pm MT on CBC

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
McDavid always is a bit of a problem with Calgary's game plan of having the D play the puck aggressively/confidently keeping plays alive on offense, as he can capitalize the second there's a bad bounce in those situations. If the team can adjust when McDavid is on the ice I can't see the Oiler's depth doing much even on the second night of a back to back.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
McDavid always is a bit of a problem with Calgary's game plan of having the D play the puck aggressively/confidently keeping plays alive on offense, as he can capitalize the second there's a bad bounce in those situations. If the team can adjust when McDavid is on the ice I can't see the Oiler's depth doing much even on the second night of a back to back.

I think going back to the Gully era, the major issue was the Flames were to slow. No one can contain McDavid, but our defence is so much better and more mobile now. Also our depth is much improved so our bottom 2 lines should dominate theirs.

If the Flames can get out of their heads, they should never lose to the Oilers as they are an inferior team.

Also has anyone else noticed how good Monahan has been? I noticed a couple of times last game he stripped the puck off Larkin around center ice. The guy is way more defensively aware and just shows up at the right time. I may get flack for saying this but I don’t care, but I think he’s essentially evolved into Tavares. Maybe he’s not quite at that level, but he’s extremely close to him all around.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I think going back to the Gully era, the major issue was the Flames were to slow. No one can contain McDavid, but our defence is so much better and more mobile now. Also our depth is much improved so our bottom 2 lines should dominate theirs.

If the Flames can get out of their heads, they should never lose to the Oilers as they are an inferior team.

Also has anyone else noticed how good Monahan has been? I noticed a couple of times last game he stripped the puck off Larkin around center ice. The guy is way more defensively aware and just shows up at the right time. I may get flack for saying this but I don’t care, but I think he’s essentially evolved into Tavares. Maybe he’s not quite at that level, but he’s extremely close to him all around.

I can. I can contain mcdavid

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Preview of the Art Ross race tonight

73DDD8C9-451A-4F84-BFA3-07210ACAC2D5.gif

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Twice in a row Oilers get us at home on the second game of back to back and third games in four nights? Nice scheduling, NHL. Oh well, that will just make it funnier when we win.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
please don't disrespect one of history's great mathmeticians Leonard Euler by misspelling the Oilers with his name. I'm not sure Edmontonians can even do the math as to why Leon Draisaitl is just a McDavid coattail rider.

Well, they are constantly bad...

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
**** the oilers and their Hf fans. All I gotta say. Wishing Johnny and Chucky to get hurt is always nice to read. ****ers.

Go Flames go baby.
Read six pages and not one reference to injury lol. Just cherry picking, crying and diving.....you must be from CP.

Any how you guys are on fire. Cheers

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Read six pages and not one reference to injury lol. Just cherry picking, crying and diving.....you must be from CP.

I might have been removed because it was wishing injury on a player.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

The coiler fans are wishing injury on flames players on a game basis. No I'm not from CP.

Reactions: Mitts

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I might have been removed because it was wishing injury on a player.

I read their thread and found it quite tame for how they talk about us. Normally you see them wishing our players injuries but now they just want to see our guys get crushed by their meat heads. I also see alot more coiler fans saying that we are the real deal. Sure they mock our players but i would expect nothing less then that as we/I do the same to them.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good news, Jets & Sharks both lose. With this being the third game in four nights, I'm not particularly optimistic but at least a loss won't mean anything. And it might even help Chiarelli stick around for another year.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad