GDT: Flames at Oilers: 8pm MT on CBC

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Was watching the game with friends and at house so no posts in the thread for me, but fantastic game.

Dave Randorf is unbearably terrible.
Draisaitl is a diving fish.
Russel is the worlds biggest puff, dude got leveled by a cross check from Johnny Gaudreau, just ****ing retire you goober.
McDavid was shut down and abused all night.
Edmonton's atrocious depth was on display, their terrible.
Edmonton's defence is a atrocious.
Larsson is absolute dog ****. Dude got big dogged along the boards by "hobbit/midget/child" Gaudreau, like just quit you're awful.
Refs were a gongshow for a lot of the night, but ultimately didn't play a huge factor. But like lol @ Hathaway's penalty for the even up call, he didn't snow shower Koskinen at all and then Lucic takes him down so both go? LOL
Flames are pimps, come at us NHL, you don son.

I can't believe how many Edmonton Oiler cheerleaders there are on the Sportsnet broadcast. Kypreos on McDavid getting roughed up by Hamonic and how McDavid was the victim. Um it was McDavids stick whacking Travis in the face that got him put in his place.

Ransdorf is HORRIBLE. At least he is no longer on the TSN CFL broadcasts.

Edmonton's team is half AHL level players. I mean Russell would not have been able to crack the top 8 in Calgary. Kassian and Lucic are nothing more than AHLers at this point. THe only bright spot for the Oil last night was that Puljujarvi had a very decent game. The kid actually looked good.

The reffing has been horribly inconsistent all season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can't believe how many Edmonton Oiler cheerleaders there are on the Sportsnet broadcast. Kypreos on McDavid getting roughed up by Hamonic and how McDavid was the victim. Um it was McDavids stick whacking Travis in the face that got him put in his place.

Ransdorf is HORRIBLE. At least he is no longer on the TSN CFL broadcasts.

Edmonton's team is half AHL level players. I mean Russell would not have been able to crack the top 8 in Calgary. Kassian and Lucic are nothing more than AHLers at this point. THe only bright spot for the Oil last night was that Puljujarvi had a very decent game. The kid actually looked good.

The reffing has been horribly inconsistent all season.

I thought the McDavid stuff was hilarious last night.
They essentially painted him as the victim the entire night.

K? He takes that hit from Hathaway, then proceeds to give Garnet some shots. What's Garnet going to do? He knows what his role is on this team.
He high sticks Hammer, what's Hammer going to do? Let him just do it?

Yes. Last night you could really tell the difference between Edmonton and Calgary.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought the McDavid stuff was hilarious last night.
They essentially painted him as the victim the entire night.

K? He takes that hit from Hathaway, then proceeds to give Garnet some shots. What's Garnet going to do? He knows what his role is on this team.
He high sticks Hammer, what's Hammer going to do? Let him just do it?

Yes. Last night you could really tell the difference between Edmonton and Calgary.

I agree. You could clearly see Calgary is in a different class after last night. The Oilers are like the Flames last year, well kind of. A top heavy team with poor depth on the bottom 2 lines. The main difference is our D has always been superior and they do not have the cap flexibility to add depth.

The Calgary Flames are an elite team ladies and gents. There is no disputing it anymore. We have a real shot at finishing as the top team in the West, I can’t believe I’m even saying that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree. You could clearly see Calgary is in a different class after last night. The Oilers are like the Flames last year, well kind of. A top heavy team with poor depth on the bottom 2 lines. The main difference is our D has always been superior and they do not have the cap flexibility to add depth.

The Calgary Flames are an elite team ladies and gents. There is no disputing it anymore. We have a real shot at finishing as the top team in the West, I can’t believe I’m even saying that.

f***ed up world we live in :laugh:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
We're now 7 points back of Tampa. Suddenly catching them doesn't seem so unlikely.

They should focus more on cleaning up the details than specifically catching Tampa. Take fewer crosscheck and stick penalties, improve PK%, keep PP2 clicking, get line three scoring consistently, get line four and 3rd D pair going offensively. Get Rittich and Smith straightening out their kinks. Up their possession game a smidge more. This team's ceiling is limitless if they can play to their full potential come April, May, and June. They're 2nd in the NHL despite a LOT of things not going their way so far.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The penalty that really pissed me off was Hathaway's.

Bum Brodziak comes in and snows our goalie AND pokes his glove with his stick. Get's no penalty.

Hathway comes, stops hard and not one snowflake touches Koskinen, there isn't even snow to come off the ice. Then he proceeds to get pushed over by Caveman Lucic onto Koskinen because Lucic is a neanderthal moron, yet they both get penalties?

How in the hell f*** does Hathaway get an unsportsmanlike penalty there you muppets?

Then obviously the McDavid non-call on Hamonic when he clearly highsticks him in the face yet the broadcast and muppets (Kypreos) only talk about how McDavid needs to call out the refs.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
They should focus more on cleaning up the details than specifically catching Tampa. Take fewer crosscheck and stick penalties, improve PK%, keep PK2 clicking, get line three scoring consistently, get line four and 3rd D pair going offensively. Get Rittich and Smith straightening out their kinks. Up their possession game a smidge more. This team's ceiling is limitless if they can play to their full potential come April, May, and June. They're 2nd in the NHL despite a LOT of things not going their way so far.
I definitely agree. There's a lot of pride in being #1 in the league but it's relatively meaningless in the grand scheme. Sights are set on the bigger prize, for sure.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
They should focus more on cleaning up the details than specifically catching Tampa. Take fewer crosscheck and stick penalties, improve PK%, keep PP2 clicking, get line three scoring consistently, get line four and 3rd D pair going offensively. Get Rittich and Smith straightening out their kinks. Up their possession game a smidge more. This team's ceiling is limitless if they can play to their full potential come April, May, and June. They're 2nd in the NHL despite a LOT of things not going their way so far.

I agree. If Peters focuses on his teams game and the processes they need to do to be successful, the rest will take care of itself.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Our depth has been one of the bigger reasons we've kept on winning despite not playing our best: Frolik against Florida, Bennett and Neal the past couple games, Ryan has looked good, Janko being a SH beast. Hell even Smith has looked decent his past couple outings. Here's hoping that we come back from the ASB well-rested and solidify first in the conference!

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

If they clean up the details, the wins will come anyways. I agree that there's lots of sloppy play going on, especially at 5v5. I really think some rest over the All-Star break will help everyone out.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Still grinning after last night's win. Great game from Backlund, he always shows up big in the BoA. I think the guy really likes playing the Oilers and sees it as his opportunity to prove that while he may not have the offense, he can see the game just as well as McLottery.

Superb game from Monahan defensively as well considering his line frequently matched up against McDavid's.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
r6VFoVn.jpg

Look at all those Flames fans!!

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Still grinning after last night's win. Great game from Backlund, he always shows up big in the BoA. I think the guy really likes playing the Oilers and sees it as his opportunity to prove that while he may not have the offense, he can see the game just as well as McLottery.

Superb game from Monahan defensively as well considering his line frequently matched up against McDavid's.
Backlund has just embraced the Flames so nicely. He is like a fan u can tell he absolutely despises the Canucks and Oilers and loves playing against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad