GDT: Flames at Islanders: February 6, 2014

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Dal Colle may be the steal of this draft if he falls to 4 or 5, he may end up being the best player out of the bunch. As long as we finish bottom 5, we will get a good player for sure.

Good win for our boys. Backlund is just taking things to another level, you can see it in his game. He outplayed Tavares last night IMO, his play in the defensive end was fantastic. I think Berra played extremely well, as did Brodie and Wideman had his best game in a long time. How can you not cheer for a team like ours? We are playing some entertaining and some blue collar hockey, I'm definitely a fan.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Dal Colle may be the steal of this draft if he falls to 4 or 5, he may end up being the best player out of the bunch. As long as we finish bottom 5, we will get a good player for sure.

Good win for our boys. Backlund is just taking things to another level, you can see it in his game. He outplayed Tavares last night IMO, his play in the defensive end was fantastic. I think Berra played extremely well, as did Brodie and Wideman had his best game in a long time. How can you not cheer for a team like ours? We are playing some entertaining and some blue collar hockey, I'm definitely a fan.

I disagree about outplaying Tavares as his line had us pinned all night long but Backlund did what great defensive players do he limited Tavares chances. Backlund has become a very solid player and the 10 points in 6 games is just fantastic.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I disagree about outplaying Tavares as his line had us pinned all night long but Backlund did what great defensive players do he limited Tavares chances. Backlund has become a very solid player and the 10 points in 6 games is just fantastic.

Tavares was amazing last night, we are very lucky he didn't pot a couple against us.

Actually Stajan did a good job limiting his chances though, so props to him for that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Offensively he was dangerous for sure, you cannot stop players like that only slow them down. I thought Backlund out performed him defensively, he collected more points as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad