GDT: Flames at Islanders: February 6, 2014

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Edmonton currently up 2-1 against the Rangers with 30 seconds left.

And they win. Just need Florida and Buffalo to pull through.

Sep 12, 2012
I thought Backlund played better than Stajan, but not by much.
Wideman was good for a change, and Brodie was great.
Even Berra was okay. Yes, I thought he should have stopped that 2nd goal.

Big 2 points, even though it hurts the draft position.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I thought Backlund played better than Stajan, but not by much.
Wideman was good for a change, and Brodie was great.
Even Berra was okay. Yes, I thought he should have stopped that 2nd goal.

Big 2 points, even though it hurts the draft position.
I think we're destined for top 3 regardless so these wins don't matter too much. At least not yet.

Berra played well, all in all fun game to watch. Backlund hype train!

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I enjoy watching this group win. If we lose out on a top 2 pick, so be it. Still plenty of others available in the top 5.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think we're destined for top 3 regardless so these wins don't matter too much. At least not yet.

Berra played well, all in all fun game to watch. Backlund hype train!

I don't think we are going to get a top 3 pick but I do believe we will be in the top 5 (I could see us finishing 6th but only with NJ passing us so it won't matter for the draft position we get)

I think Bennett, DalColle, Draisaitl are the other 3 in the top 3 and are all relatively even in terms of potential. I haven't seen enought other Ritchie or Perlini but I believe they are close to this class as well (from what I have read). So really any where from 3-7 (8 if NJ finishes ahead of us) still gives a shot at a impact forward.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
If we can't get Ekblad, I have no problem with Calgary drafting one of Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, or Dal Colle. If you're in the top five, I think its hard to make a mistake with any of those players.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If we can't get Ekblad, I have no problem with Calgary drafting one of Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, or Dal Colle. If you're in the top five, I think its hard to make a mistake with any of those players.

I agree. If we are doing well enough with our current group, and getting a lot contribution from the new core, which we are. We don't need a #1 pick.

We don't really even have any of our upcoming crop of players yet: no Baertschi, Gaudreau, Poirier, Klimchuk, Jankowski, Granlund, Knight, Arnold, Ferland, Wotherspoon, Sieloff, Gillies.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
I agree. If we are doing well enough with our current group, and getting a lot contribution from the new core, which we are. We don't need a #1 pick.

We don't really even have any of our upcoming crop of players yet: no Baertschi, Gaudreau, Poirier, Klimchuk, Jankowski, Granlund, Knight, Arnold, Ferland, Wotherspoon, Sieloff, Gillies.

future is looking bright :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad