GDT: Flames at Hawks: 6:30pm MT on SNW. On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Another Brodie turnover leads to a ton of offensive zone pressure for the Hawks. He's killing us

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
On a 5 on 3 the Flames had 2 guys below the goal line and 2 guys at the blue line for 15 seconds.

Like, if Tkachuk is covered in front by all 3 guys, do something else rather than pass it around trying to open it up to get him the puck. The whole point of that PP was to get it to the slot for a shot, which is fine if you're actually going to move the puck around quickly to get the Hawks players moving. Alas, no one moves the puck properly and nothing happens.

It's so pathetic to watch these skilled players try the dumbest f***ing strategy ever conceived.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
wji3ph1.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
On a 5 on 3 the Flames had 2 guys below the goal line and 2 guys at the blue line for 15 seconds.

Like, if Tkachuk is covered in front by all 3 guys, do something else rather than pass it around trying to open it up to get him the puck. The whole point of that PP was to get it to the slot for a shot, which is fine if you're actually going to move the puck around quickly to get the Hawks players moving. Alas, no one moves the puck properly and nothing happens.

It's so pathetic to watch these skilled players try the dumbest ****ing strategy ever conceived.

Every time Brodie passed to Gio, Keith ran out to block the shot. That left Monahan and Tkachuk behind him in a soft spot where there was no one. If Giordano could have just slipped it by Keith.... but he couldn't. Ever time he tried anything, the puck just managed to hit Keith's stick while he held it beside him.

There was one instance early in the PP where Gaudreau and Monahan played catch behind the net and for a split-second, they opened up the lane to Tkachuk, but Gaudreau I guess wasn't expecting it, so the chance was gone immediately. I'm surprised they didn't go back and try it again.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, in the end it's not the end of the world to be down 1 after 20. Our top line looks dangerous every shift; the dam will break eventually.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Can we all just come together on Twitter and challenge every Flames reporter to ask directly about why Dave Cameron still has a job and why our best offensive defenseman isn't even on the #1 5on3 PP unit?

Seriously, if they all got notifications from 20+ of us challenging them to grow some balls than we might actually get some where

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Every time Brodie passed to Gio, Keith ran out to block the shot. That left Monahan and Tkachuk behind him in a soft spot where there was no one. If Giordano could have just slipped it by Keith.... but he couldn't. Ever time he tried anything, the puck just managed to hit Keith's stick while he held it beside him.

There was one instance early in the PP where Gaudreau and Monahan played catch behind the net and for a split-second, they opened up the lane to Tkachuk, but Gaudreau I guess wasn't expecting it, so the chance was gone immediately. I'm surprised they didn't go back and try it again.

Yeah I saw Gio had a chance to get it to Mony who was wide open and Tkachuk was alone in front, but Gio held it for 2 seconds and ended up shooting into Keith.

I don't understand what the problem is, terrible coaching, poor execution, no confidence. It's just a mess.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Can we fire Dave Cameron and replace him with NHL 2005 Marc Crawford? Just get this video playing every time they work special teams

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah I saw Gio had a chance to get it to Mony who was wide open and Tkachuk was alone in front, but Gio held it for 2 seconds and ended up shooting into Keith.

I don't understand what the problem is, terrible coaching, poor execution, no confidence. It's just a mess.

I feel like because it's been a problem, they are just playing with a lot of doubt. Like, yeah, I could shoot this, but that never works anyway, and there's a 50/50 chance they clear the rebound, so maybe I shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad