GDT: Flames at Hawks: 6:30pm MT on SNW. On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Lol at the people who think Brodie had a bad game yesterday. completely shut down patrick kane all game long.

He was horrible yesterday. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise. The eye test was bad and the numbers show he was obliterated.

As for the Stone/Gaudreau goal, if you go watch the replay and look closely, you can clearly see that Gaudreau tips it

At 6:32 of the video, you can clearly see the puck deflect off of Gaudreau's stick

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What am I missing - I see Gaudreau completely miss the puck.
:wally:

I think maybe the most telling thing is to watch the stick, because you can see it ever so slightly move after contacting the puck. But the puck's flight is also pretty telling.

Also, if you really want to put effort into the thing, if you slow down the side view to frame by frame and watch the trajectory of the puck before it enters the crowd of bodies and between Gaudreau and the net, it only makes sense with a deflection or a sudden gust of wind.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think he may have been credited the goal. NHL.com has him at 16 goals and 61 points. Didn't he have 15 goals before?

Also, I can't see the stick/puck connect.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
What am I missing - I see Gaudreau completely miss the puck.
I must be getting senile because I only see Monahan's stick that may possibly touch it. I see nothing but white between Gaudreau's stick and the puck the entire clip.

And actually, I think if it hits anything it's the shaft of Glass' stick.

You need to watch the video over again. Maybe slow it down. It's clear as day when you focus on it that Johnny tipped it.

There's no question about it.

Slow it down to 0.25x speed and you should easily be able to see the contact between the puck and Johnny's stick. If not, you might need to go see an eye doctor

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I must be getting senile because I only see Monahan's stick that may possibly touch it. I see nothing but white between Gaudreau's stick and the puck the entire clip.

And actually, I think if it hits anything it's the shaft of Glass' stick.

upload_2018-2-7_18-40-48.png

This is the frame that is closest to the contact being made (I think it's immediately after).

If you go at 25% speed, you can also watch the way the puck is wobbling before and after contact. Immediately after contact, the wobble is affected and the puck sits parallel to the camera lens for a moment, which is a major giveaway. But like I said, the side view is as conclusive if not moreso if you watch the puck trajectory.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I don't see why Gaudreau would have celebrated so hard if he hadn't touched it.

Unless it hits Glasses stick and his stuck hits Gaudreaus but that seems less likely than him just deflecting it.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Gaudreau has officially been credited with the goal. Rightfully so.

With the goal, Gaudreau is officially up to 62 points this season, tied for 4th in the NHL. Only 4 points behind Kucherov for the league lead

Reactions: Dack

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gaudreau has officially been credited with the goal. Rightfully so.

With the goal, Gaudreau is officially up to 62 points this season, tied for 4th in the NHL. Only 4 points behind Kucherov for the league lead
Oh, sweet! I really thought on this one they were going to be stubborn to save face on the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad