GDT: Flames at Flyers: Nov. 27 at 5:30 pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I love when they switch to the corner cam when our d-men are about to pass the puck up so we can see exactly how terrible the odds of them making the passes they attempt are.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Does this coaching staff seriously believe having our D flail around on the ice consistently is actually an effective way of defending? Holy **** that's embarrassing.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Interesting that our D guy in the first period gives one crosscheck and dude falls over penalty. Tkachuk just took 3 solid crosschecks to the back in front of the net and doesn't go down, guess what no call... Some consistency would be nice.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
wtf? how does that end in a four minute PP? these refs have negative integrity.

I'm fine with it, honestly. He was the one who completely started it and the one who escalated it.

Realistically, though, spraying the water-bottle into Tkachuk's face should be a penalty, and there's no way the linesman didn't see that.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Refs will hate us all year long no matter how clean we play.
Is Chiasson the new Colborne? Scores meaningless goals?

Too bad we didn't have our super hero avatar's again. Monahan truly is the Invisible man.

Come on Mony, step it up.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
The Flames were just straight up bad tonight. Goals against could have easily been double digits if Johnson didn't play so well. The whole team look like they've completely forgotten how to play the shutdown hockey that they've been doing pretty well with lately.

That being said, Philly is a decent team and there's no real shame in losing to them (looking at you Mulletville), but the effort and execution was just not there at all tonight. Hopefully it's a symptom of being at the end of a long road trip. At least there's no excuse for Janko not slotting in tomorrow night. :P

I thought Hamilton was good, and Chiasson was at least his usual self.
To OKG, Frolik has no creativity either, that's not something I would hold against Chiasson, especially tonight. He had several decent chances from in tight.
Monahan was better than he has been lately, but was still bad.
Versteeg was a no-show.
Brouwer was actually OK. If he was on Bouma's contract, I'd love him, but he's not, so I don't.
Wideman was ECHL caliber defensively today, but at least his offensive game is still there.
I would have liked to see Kulak make a bit better of a decision on that slapshot from the point that ended up going the other way. There wasn't much of a lane there.
Tkachuk is awesome.

Overall, one of the worst games of the season.

Also, shout out to the stripes tonight for being particularly bad. Even if they would have been tilted completely towards the Flames, we still would have lost big, but goddamn step it up.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Didn't catch the game. Looks like the fourth line got victimized, and again anything not on the first pairing was hurt again.

Dougie with a massive game. Love that.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Oh yeah, for anyone not paying attention, Dougie and Bennett now sit tied for 2nd in team scoring behind Frolik with 12 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad