GDT: Flames at Devils: April 7, 2014

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Butler is a good #6 but he does roughly the same thing Smid does but with more turnovers.

I'd rather see Wotherspoon in Butler's spot next year, playing as the #5.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Butler is a good #6 but he does roughly the same thing Smid does but with more turnovers.

I'd rather see Wotherspoon in Butler's spot next year, playing as the #5.

I would probably leave him in Abby next season. That would be a wise decision. If he somehow manages to rocks the socks off of Hartley by all means keep him on the team.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I would probably leave him in Abby next season. That would be a wise decision. If he somehow manages to rocks the socks off of Hartley by all means keep him on the team.

That wouldn't be a bad idea either. Really, the Flames' D is actually pretty damn good right now. No reason to fix what isn't broken.

Correspondant

Jan 4, 2014
Finland/U.S.
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1h
Jagr said Ramo's win was the best he's ever seen a goalie play in one game.
Karri is fun to watch and happy he's doing it just great in NHL rink. He shined in KHL (eg. selected twice as a starter for khl league all stars game) and fans just loved him.
You're building up a great team for future years . Good job Flames :yo:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Respect to the Devils casters, I thought they were very professional based on this game. Analysis, knowledge, reasonable homerism, even knew a lot about the Flames and gave us a lot of credit which was nice to hear. I've heard bad things about the colour guy Chico Resch but I thought he was good!

One hell of a game by Rämö. Great to see him steal a game like this.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was at my inlaws last night and unfortunately they don't watch hockey so I had to miss this one. Pretty high praise for Ramo by Jagr, and man is that guy weird lol. Jagr has always be en an exuberant guy and I'm really going to miss him when he retires for his priceless quotes.

Ramo really may be the answer to our goaltending issues. Technically in goaltending age, he should be entering his prime right now. Getting out of Bourques contract and getting Ramo is looking like it's a pretty good deal for us. That's a good win for our boys!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have to believe that he has the opportunity to win a contract down the stretch here.
It's always a possibility, but if I were a betting man I would think the odds are against him getting tendered a qualifying offer.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Pretty high praise for Ramo by Jagr, and man is that guy weird lol. Jagr has always be en an exuberant guy and I'm really going to miss him when he retires for his priceless quotes.
Same! Man I wish there were more guys like him in pro hockey. Now that's a good interview. On that note, I wish Hudler got more interviews on flames TV. Funny, charismatic guy.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Respect to the Devils casters, I thought they were very professional based on this game. Analysis, knowledge, reasonable homerism, even knew a lot about the Flames and gave us a lot of credit which was nice to hear. I've heard bad things about the colour guy Chico Resch but I thought he was good!

One hell of a game by Rämö. Great to see him steal a game like this.

Agreed, was really nice listening to the broadcast honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad