Flames Arena, the Saga Continues

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Before anyone freaks out, I assume this clause is primarily for the purposes of preventing insanity in the event of "selling/transferring" ownership of the team in the event that an owner passes away/fighting over assets via divorce etc.
It's to protect the City's investment by ensuring the arena will have an NHL team as a tenant for the duration of the contract / lease period.

That's good news.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's to protect the City's investment by ensuring the arena will have an NHL team as a tenant for the duration of the contract / lease period.

That's good news.
So when you make a valid point or school someone, can we refer to it as an Ace RimJob?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

Horrible news for Calgary taxpayers. Thanks to the brutal incompetence of our mayor and council we will never ever pay for this monstrosity. There's no way we can recover our investment with the Flames here. The quicker they leave the better off we'll be.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
man I hope this version has some personality and doesn't look like a brick box. the last design was bleh
I agree. The one silver lining to the last deal being aborted was the design would never come to fruition. It looked like a shopping mall or library to me (and not like the interesting design of our downtown library). Hell, I would have even preferred the new stadium to look exactly like the Saddledome but bigger for no reason but the laughs :biglaugh:

I think it was a little embarrassing that's the best they could come up with after seeing what Edmonton had put together. I was up there for a game last month and it's a very nice arena.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree. The one silver lining to the last deal being aborted was the design would never come to fruition. It looked like a shopping mall or library to me (and not like the interesting design of our downtown library). Hell, I would have even preferred the new stadium to look exactly like the Saddledome but bigger for no reason but the laughs :biglaugh:

I think it was a little embarrassing that's the best they could come up with after seeing what Edmonton had put together. I was up there for a game last month and it's a very nice arena.
The Oilers arena looks like the part of the toilet you press to flush...

I think their arena is extremely f***ing ugly. I feel the same about the arena in Vegas.

Give me something like Columbus, NY Islanders, Minnesota, New Jersey.

Classic brick and glass, it doesn't need to look like a prop from a Sci-Fi movie

Reactions: Fig and Iggys Dome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad