Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire RHS C Nick Shore from Ottawa for 2019 7th round pick

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I've liked him for a long while. I really thought LA would have him play for them for a long time; considering they spent 5 years developing the kid.
When they traded him, it was one of those 'really?' moments. It'd be like us trading away Jankowski in a few years.

But hey, I'm happy. I'm also happy Dorion's a pretty lackluster GM.

Yeah, everything I keep reading just gets me more excited to see him play. I know nobody is over the moon with a couple of bottom six players...However, I also don't think fans get how shitty our bottom six was pre-deadline. I think Stewart, caveat being motivation, can slot anywhere in our lineup and help. Shore sounds like an ideal 4th line C and hopefully this means Stajan is moved to the wing or eating popcorn. For what it's worth, I've actually like Stajan's game lately, I'd just like to see what Shore can do in that role. Anything to improve our bottom six would be a serious boon to our playoff chances. Hopefully these guys are an upgrade!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Getting Shore for a 7th could be a steal. Dorion must have felt bad for bending Treliving over in the Lazar deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah, everything I keep reading just gets me more excited to see him play. I know nobody is over the moon with a couple of bottom six players...However, I also don't think fans get how ****ty our bottom six was pre-deadline. I think Stewart, caveat being motivation, can slot anywhere in our lineup and help. Shore sounds like an ideal 4th line C and hopefully this means Stajan is moved to the wing or eating popcorn. For what it's worth, I've actually like Stajan's game lately, I'd just like to see what Shore can do in that role. Anything to improve our bottom six would be a serious boon to our playoff chances. Hopefully these guys are an upgrade!

Stajan - Shore - Lazar
Would be a really good 4th line. Two guys who are defensively responsible. One spark plug; all three guys have had finish in their lifetime at one point of time.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Shore doesn't have a number listed on CF.com yet, but in his career he has worn #21 (LA), #23 (Ottawa & DU), #37 (LA & Manchester). Based on that, I would assume he goes #37 and #21 and #23 are taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad