Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire RHS C Nick Shore from Ottawa for 2019 7th round pick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
So is this our Stamkos/Ovechkin one-timer from the top of the left circle on the PP? :sarcasm:

Flames management must read my posts :naughty:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Slightly less productive than the average 4C with slightly less ice time, but he's basically the Mikael Backlund of 4Cs

3e86HEy.png

Give him some wingers who can score on volume shooting and maybe you've got something.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Should be a solid 4c, perhaps with a little more offensive potential to give. Nice looking advanced stats. Got him for pretty much nothing.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Never watched Shore play, but I'd still have him as our 4th line center than Matt Stajan.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
As bad as he is, currently he is better than anyone in the system...thanks Tod

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Shore is a real threat to become a good player in a year or two. Could have a Backlund-esque development curve.

Guys who can think both sides of the game rarely stagnate at 25 unless they're really f***ing slow. I think next year (assuming we re-sign Shore) we're gonna see this move as being among Brad's best as a GM.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I like this pick up, especially since Shore is an RFA after the season and will be able to be re-signed for a reasonable price.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I like the day. Never been a fan of rentals at the deadline. “Hockey deals” are fine. Still think we should have traded Mike Stone for a similar value winger.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I like the day. Never been a fan of rentals at the deadline. “Hockey deals” are fine. Still think we should have traded Mike Stone for a similar value winger.
That is not a move a team in playoff contention makes. I get you don't like Stone, but you don't move a proven player to make room for a 21 year old rookie with 2 career games at the deadline when you are in a playoff race.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
That is not a move a team in playoff contention makes. I get you don't like Stone, but you don't move a proven player to make room for a 21 year old rookie with 2 career games at the deadline when you are in a playoff race.

I’m actually a fan of Mike. But while we clearly lack NHL depth on the wing, we have a great young prospect in Rasmus who really isn’t a step down from Mike Stone IMO.

Actually, Troy Brouwer already plays for the Flames.

Mike Stone is still a very good NHLer IMO

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Having slept on this. I like this deal even more.
That's tremendous value for a young player who has shown at minimum he can be a 4th line defensive stalwart on your team, PK1. Shore's also been a career +50% FO man, so that's a good little bonus too.

I'd really love to see Calgary convert that 4th line into a shutdown energy line.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Having slept on this. I like this deal even more.
That's tremendous value for a young player who has shown at minimum he can be a 4th line defensive stalwart on your team, PK1. Shore's also been a career +50% FO man, so that's a good little bonus too.

I'd really love to see Calgary convert that 4th line into a shutdown energy line.

I know next to nothing about Shore, but reading a bunch about him last night, I'm very excited. He sounds like an ideal 4th line center and could be our Backlund lite, great possesion numbers (good for our system) and sounds like a quality pker. Very pumped since doing a little research.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I know next to nothing about Shore, but reading a bunch about him last night, I'm very excited. He sounds like an ideal 4th line center and could be our Backlund lite, great possesion numbers (good for our system) and sounds like a quality pker. Very pumped since doing a little research.

I've liked him for a long while. I really thought LA would have him play for them for a long time; considering they spent 5 years developing the kid.
When they traded him, it was one of those 'really?' moments. It'd be like us trading away Jankowski in a few years.

But hey, I'm happy. I'm also happy Dorion's a pretty lackluster GM.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->