GDT: FLAMES (37-16-8) vs. CANUCKS (30-25-7)8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
not that it matters, but gudbranson hasn't been sharp both yesterday and today

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
200.gif

Vengeance is sweet! Nice to put a nail, or perhaps THE nail in the Nucks season.
Dominant game from the Flames on a back to back. Good stuff!

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I had suspected they played poorly yesterday because they wanted to prepare for this game. Still wish they put more effort until yesterday's game, but it's not a big deal. Likewise, Buffalo probably played better than they would yesterday because of how poorly they played vs the Oilers.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Honestly it was a great decision he signed short term made a couple million bucks and has a team that was one of the worst teams to playing at playoff pace if not for him not being there for 25ish games. Now he can look at getting a bigger long term deal in van or by then Seattle will want a real coach

Reactions: Tofveve

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
So which forwards you'd like to snatch from that team? Boeser would be sweet but Miller wouldn't hurt either.

I'll bring the doritos on the way.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames good Canucks bad. Score flattered them tbh. Kind of annoying giving up garbage time goals but not the end of the world. Clearly they wanted to make a statement after the last time out vs Vancouver and the night before losing to Buffalo.

Great : Dillon Dube I thought was excellent tonight. So was the Anderfin pairing. Mangiapane is a beast, absolutely owns the middle of the ice whenever he's on.

Good : Tanev, Jarnkrok, Backlund very nice checking game from these three. Kylington a little quiet but like that he's joining the rush a lot. Toffoli and Tkachuk both played well on their new lines.

Not bad : Vladar not a whole lot of work but really quite good at making the 1st stop. Coleman could use a goal maybe. Gaudreau a little hesitant for whatever reason but scored a goal and should have had a couple assists. Lindy a nice game defensively, missed a couple chances in tight. Lewis gave us the solid 4th liner we're used to. Monahan.. definitely played in tonight's hockey game.

Not good : 3rd pairing and Lucic. Physicality from these 3 was great, everything else not so much.

Honestly it was a great decision he signed short term made a couple million bucks and has a team that was one of the worst teams to playing at playoff pace if not for him not being there for 25ish games. Now he can look at getting a bigger long term deal in van or by then Seattle will want a real coach

I dunno the Canucks finished their last two coaches NHL careers off probably for good. Can't see anyone giving Willie D or Travis Green another shot.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I dunno the Canucks finished their last two coaches NHL careers off probably for good. Can't see anyone giving Willie D or Travis Green another shot.

That's because they both sucked

Under Bruce 22 - 10 - 5 that's a 109 point pace

Under Green 8 - 15 - 2 that's a 59 point pace

Yea I think Bruce will find another shot if not in van some where in the nhl

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Thought the lines looked a lot better.

Wouldn’t be opposed to seeing tofolli on the top line tbh. The trio had gotten a little stale as of late, so why not true something new? Thought Gaudreau couldve had 2-3 assists if not for some unlucky finishing.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Heat won 10-3 tonight.

Pelletier with 2+1, Phillips with 2+2 and Ruzicka 0+2. All +4 on the night.

We need to rookie playoffs Bennett it this year, but with the entire Heat first line in place of that Flames fourth line.
Hahahaha!!!! I wish lol. They probably beat out our current 4th line tonight though tbh.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Interesting lines; watching after the fact. I'm somewhat glad to see the top line isn't untouchable so to speak. There were starting to be so many rules in terms of who can play with who role wise it become hard to track--i.e., Coleman should play with Mangiapane or Backlund, but Toffoli needs an offensive centre-piece, so he plays with Mangiapane, but Coleman and Backlund need more offense, but the only offensive piece not taken is Dube and Dube can't be on a shutdown line, he isn't playing defence at an above average level, so it's Jarnkrok or Lewis there and Jarnkrok was brought in to shore up C, yada yada yada yada. Just felt like a lot of conditionals that are fixed by giving Toffoli his offensive piece in Gaudreau/Lindholm, the prior established chemistry between Tkachuk and Backlund is relied upon to give Dube an established top flight group to work with, and it lets Coleman/Mangiapane reunite. Just all around good (within the paramters of the players the Flames have to play).

Now I'm not sure if these lines will stick, I have reasonable faith in Sutter to make necessary moves if they are needed or to run these lines if he thinks they will work. However, I was always a little curious why the established success between Backlund and Tkachuk in years prior wasn't utilized more often so I'm glad to see them back together. Had that same question about Mangiapane - Coleman for what it's worth. Why separate those two when, imo, they can drive play to make up for a lower offensive-ceiling centre? Just naturally makes sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad