GDT: FLAMES (36-27-15) @ JETS (41-31-3) | 5:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

This team makes no damn sense. Imagine if we were able to beat the Blackhawks like a normal team. FFS.

Well. Still alive. Big win.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Still very unlikely we make playoffs. We would need to win all three games(regulation vs nashville), nashville beat winnpeg in regulation and winnipeg lose 2 of their last 4 games, If winnipeg picks up 6 points in anyway, they beat us with the tie breaker and nashville could get infront of us too, although they have a tough scehdule to lock out the year. 16th overall is destined for this year it seems lol

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Still very unlikely we make playoffs. We would need to win all three games(regulation vs nashville), nashville beat winnpeg in regulation and winnipeg lose 2 of their last 4 games, If winnipeg picks up 6 points in anyway, they beat us with the tie breaker and nashville could get infront of us too, although they have a tough scehdule to lock out the year. 16th overall is destined for this year it seems lol
I think you may be overthinking it. If we beat Nashville and win our other two games we don't need to worry about what they're up to.

Assuming the Flames do that, we need Winnipeg to drop three points. Could be to Nashville, but also could be to Minnesota or Colorado, who are currently fighting for the Central.

Reactions: Boomstick

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
We don’t really need the last 3 wins like everyone’s saying, but it’d definitely help our case. If we win out, we beat Winnipeg if they go 2-1-1 or worse. Winnipeg is a bad team who just got boosted by playing 3 tired teams in a row. Nashville, Minnesota and Colorado are all going to be tough test for them. A 1-3 finish for Winnipeg is realistic, where a 1-1-1 finish would get us in. Moral of the story, every win helps, and just like the last 6 losses that were labeled the end of our season, our next one isn’t necessarily it either.

On an entirely different note, in do or die hockey, Huberdeau has points in 11 of our last 13 games playing mostly with Backlund and Coleman. If that’s not a great sign I don’t know what is.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
We don’t really need the last 3 wins like everyone’s saying, but it’d definitely help our case. If we win out, we beat Winnipeg if they go 2-1-1 or worse. Winnipeg is a bad team who just got boosted by playing 3 tired teams in a row. Nashville, Minnesota and Colorado are all going to be tough test for them. A 1-3 finish for Winnipeg is realistic, where a 1-1-1 finish would get us in. Moral of the story, every win helps, and just like the last 6 losses that were labeled the end of our season, our next one isn’t necessarily it either.

On an entirely different note, in do or die hockey, Huberdeau has points in 11 of our last 13 games playing mostly with Backlund and Coleman. If that’s not a great sign I don’t know what is.
Huberdeau and Weegar have been good in the last little while.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm still trying to figure out why Ras was being booed all night. Like, I'm sorry that your player pushed him down he fell into the boards... but it was a 2 minute call not 5. Booing the referee? Sure I could understand that.
I remember going to a Flames Kings game where Phaneuf got ejected for blatantly boarding Kopitar. We booed Kopitar all night.

At the end of the day it's the right thing to do.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I'm still trying to figure out why Ras was being booed all night. Like, I'm sorry that your player pushed him down he fell into the boards... but it was a 2 minute call not 5. Booing the referee? Sure I could understand that.

It’s because he was down on the ice for awhile, but 30 seconds later, he was out on the ice participating in the power play. Booing for theatrics, not the call.

Reactions: Roadrage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad