GDT: FLAMES (35-26-15) @ DUCKS (34-34-6) | 6 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Hanifin was excellent with the puck tonight, but it's the boneheaded plays he makes from time to time that irritates the hell out of me.

With 8 seconds left in the game he wins the puck from the corner but tries to clear it out through the middle instead of eating it in the boards, then the Ducks almost have a scoring chance with a second left. He's so frustrating to watch sometimes. He'd be a top D in this league if he thought the game as well as Andersson.
Is exactly like TJ Brodie. Moves the puck well and is a solid top pairing guy, who will from time to time drive you nuts. He was bombproof two years ago with Tanev.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We missed Stone more than I thought we would

Glad to see he got the winner, good for him!

Hanifin was excellent with the puck tonight, but it's the boneheaded plays he makes from time to time that irritates the hell out of me.

With 8 seconds left in the game he wins the puck from the corner but tries to clear it out through the middle instead of eating it in the boards, then the Ducks almost have a scoring chance with a second left. He's so frustrating to watch sometimes. He'd be a top D in this league if he thought the game as well as Andersson.

Couldn't agree more, well said. Glad I missed that poor decision lol.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Is exactly like TJ Brodie. Moves the puck well and is a solid top pairing guy, who will from time to time drive you nuts. He was bombproof two years ago with Tanev.

I see the same comparison to Brodie, more in TJ's last few years here. Seemed like his confidence was hooped.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020

I’ve always said if Hanifin had a legitimate shot and offensive instincts for when to make the net fromt pass, he’d be a force of an offensive defenseman in this league. He’s great at making himself a passing option and activating from the blue line, it’s just not much happens when he does.

Can honestly see him aging into a Brodie with more offense, every season he plays the more the game will slow down for him and the instincts will kick in on those plays. Hard to remember with how long Hanifin has been in the league he still has 3 more years until he’s the same age as Brodie when he left the Flames.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Inlaws in town, illness and working because 'tis the season.

Glad to see we got the points. :)

Into the unkNOwn!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad