GDT: FLAMES (35-26-15) @ DUCKS (34-34-6) | 6 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
man-that-is-flagrant-false-advertising.gif

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Legit can be 2 pts clear of jets if you win the next 2 games. Come on guys, don't u crash now after finally making me believe

Reactions: Boomstick

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Literally no thanks to our trash tier goaltending for that win.

Proud of the boys tonight. Besides markstrom and vladar, you guys f***ing suck.

• Haha

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Nice to pull that out and string us along a little while longer. Never say die cobra Kai.
We were -560 moneyline betting favourites on Pinnacle. Probably quite a bit higher elsewhere. That's a roughly 85% implied win probability. I've never seen it in an NHL game before. -400s and -500s rarely from top 3 teams but this was other worldly. Everytime we're priced as overwhelming favourites it's a serious battle. Hockey isn't like other sports, there is too much variance, so those numbers don't pop up often. Playing considerably better doesn't guarantee you anything as we're acutely aware. Hopefully we can beat up on the Hawks before our showdown in the Peg.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
First 4 game win streak of the season, first 2 games with a 3rd period come back. Flames slaying all of their demons heading towards the playoffs can only be a good thing if they make it.

Also this was the type of win previous seasons Flames were incapable of, so many depth goals to put us over the top. 4 goals from Ritchie, Stetcher, Lucic, and Stone in a game was unheard of in previous years. If our top guys can figure it out next year with this depth it could be dangerous. Count me in on team “re-sign Stecher and this Ritchie” next year as our 12-13th forward and 6th-7th roster players as long as they commit for under 1M.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I'm so confused - didn't hate Hanifin tonight, thought he was noticeable in a good way. Stone and Looch being heroes.

Better not be looking ahead to Wednesday's game. Still gotta win on Tuesday.
Hanifin was excellent with the puck tonight, but it's the boneheaded plays he makes from time to time that irritates the hell out of me.

With 8 seconds left in the game he wins the puck from the corner but tries to clear it out through the middle instead of eating it in the boards, then the Ducks almost have a scoring chance with a second left. He's so frustrating to watch sometimes. He'd be a top D in this league if he thought the game as well as Andersson.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I always knew they had the talent to make it into the playoffs and bump the Jets out. Now I’m starting to believe they actually will. And more importantly I think the team believes they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad