GDT: Flames (34-16-7) @ Penguins (30-20-7): Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
"This is going to have to be the best 4min Calgary has played all season long, if they want to hold off the Pens" - Pens colour commentator. Dislike that my stream is their feed.

Yeah...they are big homers....dont see how the Flames can stop this train lol

Reactions: flames23

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I'm stoked. And I only saw from 5-2 right before the 5-3 goal onwards. Was banking on using my friend's gamecenter acct w full pvr functionality. He didn't renew his monthly sub, so my 5am-noon sleep wasn't great to catch the bulk sadly. I look forward to the 8 min game recap I so fondly enjoy. (It's especially fun when whomever is in charge of putting together the highlights gets lazy and shows a random icing or offside).

Reactions: Mitts

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good win. Looks like Smith's won the net. We're playing his old team next, have to keep the hot hand rolling.

Interesting game. I can understand Eastern teams' frustration with playing Pittsburgh. They get a lot of calls their way during the game, I'd hate to have to play them 4 times a year. That top unit they toss out, Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang... is absurd. Those are top players in their positions in this league.

Take the two points, great road win. Flames end up 1-1-2 on this 4 game trip, 1-1-1 on the Eastern trip. Not the worst, but decent. You now get 4 games that are very win-able.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
3 of Pittsburgh's goals came off the PP while the other one came seconds after a PP expired. That PK needs work

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I like that they weren't able to generate a goal without a PP in this game. Also, I thought our PK was very effective on the first three PPs against. The first goal happened during the transition between PK and even strength without our PKers on the ice, and the second goal was a result of terrible luck with Ryan's stick, and the Flames did an outstanding job in spite of that.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
On the flip side, this means we basically shut these guys out 5v5. PK will come, it seems to be a tweak or two away.

I don't think we did that at all. Smith made the stops he should, plus maybe one or two more. Penguins won the possession battle at 53%. There was still a lot of soft shifts defensively.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I don't think we did that at all. Smith made the stops he should, plus maybe one or two more. Penguins won the possession battle at 53%. There was still a lot of soft shifts defensively.
Score adjusted the Flames won the possession battle, Its a lot easier to rack up shots when the other team is sitting back trying to hold a lead.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It sucks that our top guys have gone cold while our depth guys are tearing it up

It's the regular season. Sometimes you win on depth, sometimes you win on PKing, sometimes your PP carries you, sometimes your top line carries you, sometimes you're flat out awful and your goalie carries you.

The key is to have all those things able to step up at times, and then when it's game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, have everything combine:

Reactions: Kahvi

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Well I completely missed this game.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

We won though, so das it mane.

Reactions: Sk8M8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events