GDT: FLAMES (33-26-15) vs. KINGS (43-20-10) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Flames within a game of Winnipeg now. Beat Winnipeg and they're tied, then they just need a better record down the stretch.

Of course the best team in the league (Boston) loses to Nashville so they could still easily pass us with 2 games in hand.
I wouldn't say easily. Nashville has an absolute gauntlet of a schedule still. If we don't count Winnipeg or Nashville, we have zero games left against playoff teams. Nashville has six.

The Flames have this in their grasp.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I wouldn't say easily. Nashville has an absolute gauntlet of a schedule still. If we don't count Winnipeg or Nashville, we have zero games left against playoff teams. Nashville has six.

The Flames have this in their grasp.
I checked their schedule 10 mins ago and I agree with you. But playing teams with a secured PO spot can be an advantage... those might be resting some of their key players unless they trying to pick the opponents... We are also playing them and Peg at home.
Preds playing Penguins away this Thursday, both teams fighting for PO, will be an interesting battle, hoping for Sid to score 5 on these.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Rough times on the Jets board. I don't go reading other boards all that often, but it recalibrates me to be reminded that we're not the only franchise having a down year. They were 99.8% implied chance to make playoffs when they were first in the west a few months back. That collapse to date has been meteoric. Of course they can still control their own fate, but a lot of the same complaints we have, a lack of timely scoring or scoring at all and bad defensive miscues. They haven't had the poor goaltending we've suffered for a large portion of the season; however. Hellebuyck can still be a game changer and get top 3 hot for them. Our game in their barn is going to shape the offseasons of both teams dramatically.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’m starting to get hope again…..no no no! Don’t get your hopes up dammit!

Into the unkNOwn!

We kept getting points, some of ya'll were so angry.

Striking distance... it's starting to feel good.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Who cares?

He clearly wasn’t a star of the game but it makes for a good story to overrate the undrafted 4th line plug so he gets a star.
You clearly did when you had balls commenting on his fine form with negative comments, calling him non-talented or not good enough.

So this should be clear now.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Some fans are simply over the moon when the Flames lose, and that's their choice.

I don't necessarily agree, but I understand the logic.
I criticise players when they play bad or the coach who is a dosser (which he is 9/10 :D ). But I don't criticise players when they do well- the opposite and that's the difference.

And on that note, well done Markstrom. You were great last game.

Hope I didn't jinx it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
MM Only shows up when Calgary is losing... Thats why he didn't appear till you summoned him this morning

Nope I haven't shown up after plenty of losses and posted after wins. I don't post everyday so for people who want to make up a fake narrative I guess it is easy to ignore reality and post whatever made up shit you want.

You clearly did when you had balls commenting on his fine form with negative comments, calling him non-talented or not good enough.

So this should be clear now.

I only commented on what he has shown with truth and accuracy.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
Nope I haven't shown up after plenty of losses and posted after wins. I don't post everyday so for people who want to make up a fake narrative I guess it is easy to ignore reality and post whatever made up shit you want

The bolded section sure sounds like one of your posts, so finally we can agree on something

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Nope I haven't shown up after plenty of losses and posted after wins. I don't post everyday so for people who want to make up a fake narrative I guess it is easy to ignore reality and post whatever made up shit you want.

I only commented on what he has shown with truth and accuracy.
Guy has 10 points over 21 games, hovering around a 40 point pace playing exclusively bottom line minutes. I don’t think it’s entirely sustainable, but guy has made plenty of skill plays I wasn’t expecting like the last couple games.

Also anytime calls you out, are you just going to exclusively fall back on “fake narrative” or are you plan on adding nuance to your schtick? If you’re going to be the heel, atleast try to keep it interesting. Maybe throw in some bold contrarian takes, like find a player you pretend to like that everyone hates. No offense to people caught in the crossfire here, but even the most glass half empty fans here are starting to find you asinine and are being vocal about it.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Guy has 10 points over 21 games, hovering around a 40 point pace playing exclusively bottom line minutes. I don’t think it’s entirely sustainable, but guy has made plenty of skill plays I wasn’t expecting like the last couple games.

It 100% isn't sustainable. When a player has a short period of lucky production fans (not just Flames fans) always overrate it. Duehr has never shown at any level any offensive talent. His points with the Flames haven't come from good plays from him or skill plays he has made. He got lucky to get some points in a short period that people can use to try and talk about "pace" to overrate him.

I have no issue with Duehr and have no problem with him playing on our 4th line, I just realize he is a 4th line, run of the mill plug that is easily replaceable and has little to no impact on games.

Also anytime calls you out, are you just going to exclusively fall back on “fake narrative” or are you plan on adding nuance to your schtick? If you’re going to be the heel, atleast try to keep it interesting. Maybe throw in some bold contrarian takes, like find a player you pretend to like that everyone hates. No offense to people caught in the crossfire here, but even the most glass half empty fans here are starting to find you asinine and are being vocal about it.

No, but every time someone posts something clearly false like I only show up after losses then yes I will respond pointing out that isn't true and that it is said because I don't just overrate every player or the team in general.

I am not going to be heel I am going to just point out the truth and be a rational poster. Why would I take a player that I don't rate and pretend he is good? That is the kind of thing fans do that annoys me. I will just comment on what I see good or bad.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Imagine having Lucic on the team and calling out Duehr. Duehr is exactly the player the bottom line has needed since Hathaway left in free agency. Cheap, big, adds energy, is actually a decent hockey player.

Flames could use another 2 Duehr's for the bottom line next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad