GDT: FLAMES (33-14-7) vs. OILERS (30-22-4) 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West/One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Your comment reg Ruzicka is based on what exactly? You honestly don't see what the majority of us does? A hole in the top 9? Is that what you really see? Not proven? Define proven then, is Monahan a proven top 9 player? Can you see him leading that line? Good luck with that. It's ok bro, it's all love of course :)
Oh no I mean Ruzicka is a "hole" in the sense he hasn't been in the top 9 long-term (even though Sutter would say his line with Lucic and Lewis was the 3rd line) and that I see him quickly quieting the idea that he's not a top 9 offensive centre and making the more apparent issues being the 3RW with Lewis. I'm a huge proponent of Ruzicka sticking in the top 9 and getting to play with Toffoli at the very least, and that goes back to before the current lines were put together.

But yeah, as far as proven goes it's more the concept of time vs. ability. Monahan is proven in the sense he could play in the top 6 but he's done a lot of work to disprove his ability as a top 9 centre, whereas Ruzicka, in his ice time has worked in 4th line TOI and just needs to get the ice time to point to doubters and affirm that he is capable. Otherwise I think people are going to look at him feeding Toffoli as an abberation vs. the norm.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Oh no I mean Ruzicka is a "hole" in the sense he hasn't been in the top 9 long-term (even though Sutter would say his line with Lucic and Lewis was the 3rd line) and that I see him quickly quieting the idea that he's not a top 9 offensive centre and making the more apparent issues being the 3RW with Lewis. I'm a huge proponent of Ruzicka sticking in the top 9 and getting to play with Toffoli at the very least, and that goes back to before the current lines were put together.

But yeah, as far as proven goes it's more the concept of time vs. ability. Monahan is proven in the sense he could play in the top 6 but he's done a lot of work to disprove his ability as a top 9 centre, whereas Ruzicka, in his ice time has worked in 4th line TOI and just needs to get the ice time to point to doubters and affirm that he is capable. Otherwise I think people are going to look at him feeding Toffoli as an abberation vs. the norm.
Ah that's a fair and very eloquent statement. Thanks man and a big thumb up.

Reactions: Mazatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad