GDT: FLAMES (32-26-15) vs. SAN JOSE SHARKS (19-38-15) | 2 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
The excuses for Huberdeau are crazy
The irony of this when I’m pretty sure you were one of the loudest advocates for Gaudreau when he had his multiple 60ish point seasons in a row and were laying the blame everywhere but him. Sure a lot of the weight falls on him, but he’s coming off 4 seasons consecutively of pacing for 92, 93, 91 and 119 points. How are we not bending over backwards to get him back to that point?

Remember your reaction when Gaudreau had to play with Ritchie, because Huberdeau has played with Lucic or Ritchie twice that amount.

Reactions: Some Other Flame

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Duehr, Ruzicka and Pelletier should play everytime and and just can't understand why that don't happen.
T
It's not complicated, the reason is Sutter and Sutter alone.

Some people just can't handle the reality that he's been utterly miserable this season

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
D

Idk, Duehr has been pretty solid, better than some of our 3rd and 4th line forwards.

AHL team is a bit hyperbolic too. Chicago's lineup is much closer to one than ours. Were moreso middle of the pack.

San Jose is the AHL team.

Duehr tries hard I give him that and we have played some awful players so certainly not the worst we have but he is not good in any way.

Duehr, Ruzicka and Pelletier should play everytime and and just can't understand why that don't happen.
T

Because ownership demands wins and those guys don’t help us win now.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The irony of this when I’m pretty sure you were one of the loudest advocates for Gaudreau when he had his multiple 60ish point seasons in a row and were laying the blame everywhere but him. Sure a lot of the weight falls on him, but he’s coming off 4 seasons consecutively of pacing for 92, 93, 91 and 119 points. How are we not bending over backwards to get him back to that point?

Remember your reaction when Gaudreau had to play with Ritchie, because Huberdeau has played with Lucic or Ritchie twice that amount.
Gaudreau who was our leading points-getter 7 of 9 seasons and never dipped below 2nd in the other seasons (one of which was his rookie campaign)? Huberdeau who is 5th and a laughable 15 points behind Toffoli after cashing in? Those are totally the same

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
San Jose is the AHL team.

Duehr tries hard I give him that and we have played some awful players so certainly not the worst we have but he is not good in any way.
Oh shush. Slag those vet f***ers not playing well on big bucks. Not a novice who plays with 2 black holes with 4 pts in his last 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaTurtle

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
What a weak f***ing call. So now you shouldn't check players and knock them down

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Oh shush. Slag those vet f***ers not playing well on big bucks. Not a novice who plays with 2 black holes with 4 pts in his last 5.

I’ll comment on what actually happens not overhyping AHL level crap.

And dont worry I “slag” the vets as well.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I’ll comment on what actually happens not overhyping AHL level crap.

And dont worry I “slag” the vets as well.
Unnecessary comment on Duehr. No one said he is Gretzky, defo not hurting our team, he deserves positive comments, not shitty negativity. Each NHL team carries AHLers.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Unnecessary comment on Duehr. No one said he is Gretzky, defo not hurting our team, he deserves positive comments, not shitty negativity. Each NHL team carries AHLers.

It isn't negativity it is the truth. He isn't good enough, celebrating hard work no talent is what got a big portion of this fan base to accept mediocrity.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
lol Duehr's on pace for 20 goals over a full season as a 4th liner.

Unadaptable, inflexable idiots are probably gonna pigeon hole him as a 4th liner/AHL'er but he has legit upside

Reactions: joescores

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
It isn't negativity it is the truth. He isn't good enough, celebrating hard work no talent is what got a big portion of this fan base to accept mediocrity.
If we had better options then I'd see your point. As of now he's one of our better bottom six forwards.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
They got 7 games in which the team went 5-2. Compare that to like 3 months of Huberdeau playing on his off wing with Kadri, and a month with Lucic.

Hm, I thought it was more that.
And yeah, I was one of the folks at the time that wanted them broken up, as in keeping Huberdeau & Lindholm together and switching Toffoli with someone else. I still want that. But I'd take those three together for a longer stretch over any of Sutter's otherwise miserable combos.
Ah, I'm pretty sure a few wanted Huberdeau away from both as well

Either way, at this point it doesn't hurt to mix the lines up a bit since Huberdeau, Kadri and Lucic have had a large sample size together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad