GDT: FLAMES (30-24-13) @ COYOTES (24-32-11) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet One/360 | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Me believing this team had a chance to make it to the playoffs when they beat the Stars/Wild

clown-nose.gif

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I hope Murray Edwards feels it with his wallet for enabling Daryl sutter when season ticket renewals are up. Absolutely sickening watching this crap product night after night.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Anyone else have that crazy dream that a team full of 2-way forwards, d-men, and players that just thrived in a more open system than ours actually do really well in 3v3 OT, and instead of being 6 for 20 we are 14 for 20 and are comfortably in a playoff position? In this dream I have also never heard of the name Kirk Muller.

Like honestly, I wasn’t able to watch this game and I already bet I know how the OT goal went. We had two forwards unnecessarily deep, and play went the other way causing an odd man that they scored on with no back pressure. Just like every other OT loss so far.

QEP

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Here's Cocaine Bear to take the edge off.

*mod*
Lol. Wife and I watched this tonight. It's not good. It has some funny moments, but I can't believe a movie called Cocaine Bear didn't live up to my already meagre expectations. The whole movie is Flames shooters and the bear is every team's 3/4th string goalies.
5.3/10 for me. The wife pulled out her book 15 mins in. She gave it a "generous 4".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tofveve and Deen

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Oh and @Deen my goalscorer props die a fiery death. I did bet the 18-11-3 at home yotes +225 pregame though so up a little profit on the night. Heyoooooo.

.933 backup vs .840 starter. Bring on October.

Last edited:

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Start playing Ruzicka again ffs.

and not with Lucic/Lewis...

FFS.
what they should do:
call up the youth brigade to give them a taste.
what they will do..double down on the vets cause there is a chance that BOTH the preds and jets will shit the bed or even less likely the Kraken will

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That OT was the most pathetic ever

Don’t tell me Sutter knows what he is doing there

Don’t we have a records thread?

With tonight’s loss we set an NHL record for losing our 20th game this season when outshooting the opponent by at least 10 shots.

Moral victories fellas
Just a bunch of unorganized guys shooting at the goalies

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
If you need an elite coach to beat the Coyotes, you are not a good hockey team.

It always amazes the pass people want to give to players horrible play and instead imagine it is all on the coach. I know it is easier to imagine just a simple coaching change solves everything, but this is not a good roster that is the problem.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Coach might be a problem this season but he was not the problem last night. Sutter preaches hard forechecks, did we forechecks at all last night? It was one of the worst forechecking effort I've ever seen, everytime the yotes break out it was 3/4 guys coming full speed through the neutral zone and our fwds just over there behind em cheering them on.... This team is just full of bad players. Kadri might be the worst puckhog I've ever seen, I don't remember the last guy whose so bad with the puck yet refuses to give it to anyone else. Mangi has absolute stone hands, every scoring chance he gets-bobbles, shoot into the goalie, repeat. Dube and tanev slip and sliding all over the place last night like there's banana peels from Mario kart every step they take. This is just a horrendous team.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
If you need an elite coach to beat the Coyotes, you are not a good hockey team.

It always amazes the pass people want to give to players horrible play and instead imagine it is all on the coach. I know it is easier to imagine just a simple coaching change solves everything, but this is not a good roster that is the problem.

The Coyotes are icing a team with extremely limited talent and yet have managed points in 16 of 20 games, and are 4-0-2 in the past six.

Andre Tourigny has a team quite frankly full of miscasts playing extremely loose and with the upmost confidence. Yet here we are in Calgary with a roster full of talent that is afraid to make mistakes and can't for the life of them open things up. That's on the coach.

Valimaki is a perfect example of this. Darryl Sutter kills the confidence of his players and as a result has a roster full of underperformers.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The Coyotes are icing a team with extremely limited talent and yet have managed points in 16 of 20 games, and are 4-0-2 in the past six.

Andre Tourigny has a team quite frankly full of miscasts playing extremely loose and with the upmost confidence. Yet here we are in Calgary with a roster full of talent that is afraid to make mistakes and can't for the life of them open things up. That's on the coach.

Valimaki is a perfect example of this. Darryl Sutter kills the confidence of his players and as a result has a roster full of underperformers.

So true.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Plus there was more checking devoted to our first line. All our secondary scoring had more free room to roam.

Honestly I'd be looking to deal him to a Tampa for a high draft pick and a whatever. Something like that. A team like Tampa has players like TyJo and Cirelli, St Louis in their history. He'd probably flourish as a 2nd or 3rd line player there. We need top draft picks to build this thing properly.

He would be great in Tampa as a secondary scorer with many skilled playmakers. We’d have to eat 50% for it to ever work with their salary structure though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad