GDT: FLAMES (30-24-13) @ COYOTES (24-32-11) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet One/360 | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Arizona has Valimaki and Mackey making up 2/3rds of their left side defense this game, and Brett Ritchie on their top line tonight. Our leftover scrap are somehow their top players, yet they’re somehow winning lately. You can’t make this up.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hello guys, any words on Mangie? No goals in last 10 games and at the same time he's eating some big minutes (over 19 in last game). Just a bad luck or he kinda sucks at scoring atm? (Let's say its a jinx post)

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Hello guys, any words on Mangie? No goals in last 10 games and at the same time he's eating some big minutes (over 19 in last game). Just a bad luck or he kinda sucks at scoring atm? (Let's say its a jinx post)
Compared to last year he does suck at hitting the net, he’s also not shooting as much due to that.

Reactions: aonb

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
He's missing the net and hitting the post. A lot more than he did last season and still not at game #70.

His confidence is way down. I swear the other game he had a breakaway and was still looking to pass. I have nothing to support this theory, but I also think there's some self-inflicted pressure of living up to the big contract.

Ultimately this is all somehow Sutter's fault. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Mangi sucked half way through last year. That’s way before the big contract

For whatever reason, he peaked the right time to get that contract

Reactions: Tofveve

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Cursed season in general. With Mangiapane specifically, probably just low confidence and putting too much pressure on himself vis a vis the big contract.

Mangi sucked half way through last year. That’s way before the big contract

For whatever reason, he peaked the right time to get that contract
Nah. Goalscorers in general over the course of a season are inherently inconsistent - it's the consistency over multiple seasons that define them as goalscorers/snipers. There's no such thing as a player that will always score every other game, or every third, fourth, five, etc., game as a fact. Instead it's 7 goals in 10 games followed by 2 in the next 15, then 4 goals in the next 3, then 3 in the next 13, etc.

Last year, Mangiapane had 18 goals, 3 assists in the first 29 games followed by 17 goals, 17 assists in the remaining 53. So even if one pretends that he "sucked" in the latter part, it's still literally a 52 point pace over 82 games, which is a fairly realistic expectation of what he should be putting up and matches his previous season.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
To be fair - If Mangiapane were shooting at his average over the past two seasons (19.4%) he'd be sitting at 29 goals on the season.

I think it speaks to a total lack of confidence, which is pretty much a team wide issue at this point.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.gif

Could see Huberdeau and Kadri with another multi-point night.
That'd be cool.
I would be alright with that.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Finally get to watch a flames game again. Let's torch these coyotes please.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We could realistically catch Edmonton too. Hopefully Ottawa does us a favour.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Lindy came close. We really need to start burying goals on the man advantage. Maybe they ought to play Ruz more on the PP due to past success? Of course not.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We should of picked up Tarasenko. Need another trigger man. He was basically free.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Lucic really should have a velcro srip stitched into his jersey belly and then another on his stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad