GDT: FLAMES (30-14-6) vs. WILD (31-15-3) 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I can believe Ollie is fine, sometimes the littlest of things can cause a concussion, sometimes guys can get absolutely demolished and suffer no head trauma. It's kind of random, some people can just take those kind of blows and some can't.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Good chance Oliver will play knowing this club's reputation for playing guys through injury.

Chris Tanev could have a collapsed lung right now and we probably wouldn't know about it until garbage day.

In the last 5 years, the only guy I can think of who's been placed on IR immediately after an injury is Mike Smith destroying his groin after that game in Long Island
Honestly. Even from Kylington's perspective, the organization has given him almost nothing. If he's injured and knows it, does he have any reason to sit down and rest? He has a GM who is going to use every tactic in the book to suppress his salary, he started the season as a scratch so while his position in the lineup should be relatively safe, who knows, and the odds of the team being accountable and holding him out because he's injured is absolutely 0. Add all that onto a professional athlete that is naturally very competitive, that wants to play, and there's no reason to have faith in the Flames making the right decision right now.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

usa_today_13915750.0.jpg

SUI-519-CC_1200x.jpg
Johnny has the same strong bones. Ham and cheese and clean living ;)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Honestly. Even from Kylington's perspective, the organization has given him almost nothing. If he's injured and knows it, does he have any reason to sit down and rest? He has a GM who is going to use every tactic in the book to suppress his salary, he started the season as a scratch so while his position in the lineup should be relatively safe, who knows, and the odds of the team being accountable and holding him out because he's injured is absolutely 0. Add all that onto a professional athlete that is naturally very competitive, that wants to play, and there's no reason to have faith in the Flames making the right decision right now.

Yeah, Kylington needs to take care of himself. It’s a big contract year. He owes the Flames nothing. They have done enough to make it tough for him. I am sure Treliving is more than happy to f*** him if he can. That’s how he deals with his own FA.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It's weird to say, but hopefully it's only a concussion for Ollie. At least with a concussion there is no surgery time, but we'll see what it is. I remember Giroux years ago got a concussion and it only took him out a week or two, but obviously it can take you out longer and have long term problems. Pulling for the guy, hopefully he's good to go sooner rather than later, it WILL hurt every game he isn't playing.

Absolutely not! kylington has already had multiple concussions since turning pro, I would rather it be anything else, even if we have to lose him for the rest of the season.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think we all do, but it's not our fault they were so garbage in preseason.

Zad was really rough until December, he was a turnover machine then it just kinda clicked. Ultimately I don't think crow needs to be eaten by anyone until we see how we do in the playoffs but I am currently optimistic that I've got a big bowl of crow coming.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Zad was really rough until December, he was a turnover machine then it just kinda clicked. Ultimately I don't think crow needs to be eaten by anyone until we see how we do in the playoffs but I am currently optimistic that I've got a big bowl of crow coming.

Zad was pretty good against us when he was with the Avs, so hoping for that level of play.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
It wouldn’t exactly be an effective 5 man unit at scoring goals, but come playoff time when the physicality ramps up we could put out the most terrifying group league wide.

Lucic-Ruzicka-Ritchie
Zadorov-Gudbranson

We’ve seen the effects physicality can have on a series (Ferland against the Canucks, Zadorov against us, our play against the Jets), that group whether separate or together will be a nightmare for any team that matches up against us. Maybe deploy them in game 1 and 2 to set the tone physically and batter the other team.

For reference the average size of that unit would be 6’4.5” and 222 pounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad