GDT: FLAMES (30-14-6) vs. WILD (31-15-3) 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
cut.jpg

Reactions: Tofveve

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This is why I was hesitant to trade for Toffoli. He left an 8-win team and is somehow playing with worse players
Lowkey, he only makes sense under the impression he's splitting up the top line to provide depth (Toffoli is far from a line carrier) but the Flames are so reliant on that top line being elite that they really needed another line-carrier-esque player of any position to be able to float Monahan or Lucic. Toffoli worked really well with a centre like Suzuki and of the centres he can play with, it's no competition who's better/fits Toffoli better

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Will be interesting to see how they respond after that thumping they took Thursday. Darryl going veteran heavy is pretty predictable, Dube just hasn't been consistent enough this season. Top 6 needs to be on tonight.

Reactions: Tofveve

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That bottom 6 is horrendous

I have no idea how the coach watched Thursday’s game and was like… yeah, Dubé and Ruzicka were certainly unhelpful compared to Monahan and Lucic.

Dog shit bottom 6 tonight.

This was my point about trading for Toffoli. Our centre depth stinks, and we have a lack of speed already.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
My anxiety level is above average for this game tonight. Just want our boys to get back to winning ways quickly. This a tough matchup.

Don't know what Ruz did to be out and what Ritchie is doing to be in. Le sigh.

Go Flam.

Reactions: Boomstick

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Oof. I like both Dube & Ruzicka. Horrific switch.
I understand Dube needs to do more, but why is Ruz being penalized?
Now we get two guys that'll definitely do less as that's their ceiling.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Gonna take a look at the top 10 P/60 guys on the team
upload_2022-2-26_16-3-5.png

Gonna take a look at the bottom 5 P/60 guys on the team
upload_2022-2-26_16-4-2.png

Fancy stat wise Richardson and Lewis are in a league of their own when it comes to giving the most chances against and largest % of chances against. If there's one area where Sutter can be a Dinosaur it's not understanding how young the league is these days and how much more effective good skaters are defensively.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Gonna take a look at the top 10 P/60 guys on the team
View attachment 510877
Gonna take a look at the bottom 5 P/60 guys on the team
View attachment 510878

Fancy stat wise Richardson and Lewis are in a league of their own when it comes to giving the most chances against and largest % of chances against. If there's one area where Sutter can be a Dinosaur it's not understanding how young the league is these days and how much more effective good skaters are defensively.

Yep won’t beat the Colorados or Carolinas with this lineup forward groupings

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Will be interesting to see how they respond after that thumping they took Thursday. Darryl going veteran heavy is pretty predictable, Dube just hasn't been consistent enough this season. Top 6 needs to be on tonight.

Dube has been the biggest disappointment for me this year. I expected him to take a step forward to being a more consistently impactful player but he has taken a step back. He is so inconsistent from shift to shift often making the wrong reads. He dekes at the blue line putting linemates offside when a simple dump in would be the right play. He has a good shot but misses the net far too often to be a threat, he has good speed but generally uses it to get deep lose the puck and not be able to get back. He just seems to have a lot of tools and no tool bag, wouldn't be shocked to see him moved at the deadline or the offseason which would be to bad because I do think he can be a top 9 kinda guy.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Dube has been the biggest disappointment for me this year. I expected him to take a step forward to being a more consistently impactful player but he has taken a step back. He is so inconsistent from shift to shift often making the wrong reads. He dekes at the blue line putting linemates offside when a simple dump in would be the right play. He has a good shot but misses the net far too often to be a threat, he has good speed but generally uses it to get deep lose the puck and not be able to get back. He just seems to have a lot of tools and no tool bag, wouldn't be shocked to see him moved at the deadline or the offseason which would be to bad because I do think he can be a top 9 kinda guy.

Yeah well he will be our next Bennett if we don’t give him some opportunity

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah well he will be our next Bennett if we don’t give him some opportunity

I don't necessarily disagree but the biggest difference is Sutter doesn't seem high on him and while he certainly isn't infallible he was a fan of Bennett and used him better than the last couple coaches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad