GDT: FLAMES (24-17-9) @ RANGERS (27-14-8) | 5:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West/East | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Was Shesterkin out for a medical reason or did they start Halak as a sign of disrespect?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Awful performance from the team in their own zone. Turnover after turnover. Actually liked what they were doing offensively for a change but yeah.
Agree with Looch being sat. What good are ya if you're not going to respond after your team is getting lit up, after YOU get lit up.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Well watched the game late, just finished.

- exciting hockey game overall and yes one of the best of the year, probably. Big fight wins by Tanev and Weagar.

- glad my Flams insiders informed Mangi, Coleman and Hanafin of my post to trade them :sarcasm:. Best game of the year for Mangi and Coleman was solid too.

- pretty sure that was a kick in goal by Mangi but we've had enough of those go against us I'll take it.

- why is it they never showed the Trouba hit on Kadz in slow motion? Like not one replay. Slow it down and show it. It deserves a look from Toronto whether Sutter thinks so or not. And pretty sure Kadz was seeing stars while on the bench already, even though he got up right away. I think head contact could have been made - I'm a fan of full contact but lets stick to the rules. Hopefully there are folk with the stones to diligently follow up on that. Big stones on Dube for going after Trouba even though he could pretty much just hang on - it showed some care anyway.

- Stone with some great rockets tonight. Guy's still fine being on my team (especially for what he gets paid).

- Sucked that Zad (one of our slowest Ds) took an extra long shift in OT. I saw a breakdown coming about 20 sec earlier. No wonder Marks smashed his stick after the OT winner. Zad had nothing left for the 2 on 1 and was basically swimming on the ice during the rebound to Laf.

Too bad we didn't get the extra point but were likely lucky to get 1 IMO.

Good game, hope we're better in the next one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We should be rebuilding right now but "Retooling on the fly" was better

Yup, this too.

Sticking to my thoughts in other threads (this game aside), package guys like Coleman, Mangi and Hanafin. They still all have value on the trade market (especially after a night like tonight) but are way overpaid for their value (as mostly only the viewers of Flames games know). Attempt to land a solid D. Allow young guys in our system to fill the void of Mangi and Coleman.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Wow. good for him. I remember him being garbage first few months of the season. I blame the Flames, we can't beat a rookie goalie or a backup goalie.
Yeah he started awful and was awful last yr for the Canucks as well. They can score so I think they're winning in spite of him most nights much like tonight.

Reactions: Boomstick

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
- why is it they never showed the Trouba hit on Kadz in slow motion? Like not one replay. Slow it down and show it. It deserves a look from Toronto whether Sutter thinks so or not. And pretty sure Kadz was seeing stars while on the bench already, even though he got up right away. I think head contact could have been made - I'm a fan of full contact but lets stick to the rules. Hopefully there are folk with the stones to diligently follow up on that. Big stones on Dube for going after Trouba even though he could pretty much just hang on - it showed some care anyway.
Clean hit, helmet popped off due to inertia which lead to Kadri's head hitting the ice pretty hard.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Clean hit, helmet popped off due to inertia which lead to Kadri's head hitting the ice pretty hard.

My biggest thing is the game broadcast I watched (SN) never showed it in a slowed-down way and from any good angle like they would on an offside review. Also like any hit like this a review is warranted. That's pretty standard. Could have been legal I'd have just liked a better slow-mo look at it. Seems very possible in today's broadcasts.

Last edited:

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
If lucic can't set a tone physically in a game like this then there's literally no point in having him, especially considering he was hemmed in all night. Not disappointed about the loss, super disappointed you did leave them bruising after the shit that happened, given the type of physical team u trying to build

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If lucic can't set a tone physically in a game like this then there's literally no point in having him, especially considering he was hemmed in all night. Not disappointed about the loss, super disappointed you did leave them bruising after the shit that happened, given the type of physical team u trying to build

No one wants to fight him and he’s too slow to hit effectively.

Guy is done. Pathetic he still has a regular roster role. So happy it’s just 30 more games of this nonsense.

Reactions: BRobMint

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
- Sucked that Zad (one of our slowest Ds) took an extra long shift in OT. I saw a breakdown coming about 20 sec earlier. No wonder Marks smashed his stick after the OT winner. Zad had nothing left for the 2 on 1 and was basically swimming on the ice during the rebound to Laf.

I fully get Markstrom being super pissed about that. I know he did slide a bit too far, but he did make the save but man, Zads went WAY too far away from there. I know it's supposed to be man to man but he was so far out of position for that and did absolutely nothing to help Markstrom. It felt like this all game too. I know Markstrom could of been better and should be stepping up, but the goals again him tonight were very much a part of the defense playing poorly and bad luck. 1st goal he could of had, but was still a 2 on 1 chance. He could of had the 2nd one, but it was still a breakaway. 3rd one was one where the defense had no one near the player and Markstrom even almost made the save. 4th goal went right off of Backs in front of him. And then the OT winner where the D did absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad