GDT: FLAMES (23-17-9) @ KRAKEN (28-14-5) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
subrote-star-trek.gif

Oh, I can't stay mad at you, Flames. That was a big win on the B2B. Nice work!

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Feels like that was an important win. To go into the break feeling good I think is very big for this team.

Great : Lindy, when he's the team's best player they're tough to beat. Loved Vlad tonight too. Hanifin had one very bad giveaway but overall one of his better performances this season.

Good : Quality Blake Coleman game, you need players like this. Mangiapane was involved, had some nice moments and a cpl not so great ones. Toffoli G + A hard to hate that. Zadorov, usually don't think much of this team's pro scouting but whoever it was that saw some potential in this guy deserves some credit. He has been very solid for the club.

Pretty good : Dube and Ras were fine. Gilbert wasn't great but a lot better than Mackey was. Stone blasting away. Lewis was on the right side of it for the most part.

Alright : Actually didn't love the Kadri line, not saying at all they should be broken up but don't think any of em played particularly well in this one. Lucic where he belongs is an asset. Backlund. Ruzicka if the coach was trying to light a fire under his ass I'm not sure he rose to the occasion. Made some nice plays through the NZ but like.. hit somebody. Just doesn't seem particularly suited to 4C duty.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
With Vlad in goal, team infront always puts a clutch because he is a clutch!

Just manage Markstrom as a plan B ffs, it's not hard to accept it. I would also try tradimg him ASAP, we know he crumbles in PO. Get some assets for him now while we can.

Reactions: Tofveve

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Feels like that was an important win. To go into the break feeling good I think is very big for this team.

Great : Lindy, when he's the team's best player they're tough to beat. Loved Vlad tonight too. Hanifin had one very bad giveaway but overall one of his better performances this season.

Good : Quality Blake Coleman game, you need players like this. Mangiapane was involved, had some nice moments and a cpl not so great ones. Toffoli G + A hard to hate that. Zadorov, usually don't think much of this team's pro scouting but whoever it was that saw some potential in this guy deserves some credit. He has been very solid for the club.

Pretty good : Dube and Ras were fine. Gilbert wasn't great but a lot better than Mackey was. Stone blasting away. Lewis was on the right side of it for the most part.

Alright : Actually didn't love the Kadri line, not saying at all they should be broken up but don't think any of em played particularly well in this one. Lucic where he belongs is an asset. Backlund. Ruzicka if the coach was trying to light a fire under his ass I'm not sure he rose to the occasion. Made some nice plays through the NZ but like.. hit somebody. Just doesn't seem particularly suited to 4C duty.
Why should be Ruzicka hitting somebody? That's not his forte. He is a creative guy and a goalscrer. He should be played where Milan's ass was planted for a few weeks! Get him a chance on that second line.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Why should be Ruzicka hitting somebody? That's not his forte. He is a creative guy and a goalscrer. He should be played where Milan's ass was planted for a few weeks! Get him a chance on that second line.

I don't mean go run around and jump into every hit but it's necessary for an NHL player to win puck battles. I like Ruz a lot but he has not been doing that, not being assertive and using his size and reach like he was earlier this season. He seems like he's too scared to get caught out of position defensively. A good portion of that is on the coach sure for being too quick in my opinion to demote him, but that's why Pelletier is on that line right now. He's winning foot races, disrupting on the forecheck, battling in the corners. Ruzicka is for whatever reason not currently doing those things.

Reactions: joescores

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
At this point I'd think about trading ruz for an equivalent young D. He's been passed by Pelletier alr and there isn't any room for him in the top 9. He should be a valuable asset around the league and we need a someone at least better than stone rn.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
At this point I'd think about trading ruz for an equivalent young D. He's been passed by Pelletier alr and there isn't any room for him in the top 9. He should be a valuable asset around the league and we need a someone at least better than stone rn.
I dont see how Pelletier has passed Ruz. He's signed next year for league minumum and should get more icetime as long as Lewis or Ritchie aren't re-signed.

oh wait yes of course, no room for him next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad