GDT: FLAMES (13-11-5) vs. CANUCKS (12-13-3) 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
So much for the easy schedule.
Need to get 2 points against these teams. Flames are playing with low energy and aren't in sync. Not pretty to watch.

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I think we're still on the every other year we make the playoffs, miss the playoffs deal right?
So this is the year we miss. Looks that way at the moment. Hoping things turn around, but I've been waiting approximately 25 games for this to turn around.
Anyone have anything positive to say to put me in a better head space with this team?

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
a024000e6f23d6a1fc4754a7c0cd0e45.jpg

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
One loss and three ties.

It's not really good news, though. It's starting to look unlikely that some kind of repeatable offensive formula is just going to appear out of thin air.
Its 4 losses. We pissed away points aginst the Blue Jackets, Habs, and Canucks. That's pathetic.
Sutter is going to get fired. There aren't any other options right now to get the team sparked.
Him and Tre can both be gone as far as I'm aware.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
30 games in do we still have to wait to say this is a very mediocre team? I know we have a lot of new guys and there will always be a group that wants to blame the coach because that is the easiest thing to do but it seems pretty clear that this team is not great no matter who is coaching. This team has major issues no matter how many new guys are trying to adapt.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
30 games in do we still have to wait to say this is a very mediocre team? I know we have a lot of new guys and there will always be a group that wants to blame the coach because that is the easiest thing to do but it seems pretty clear that this team is not great no matter who is coaching. This team has major issues no matter how many new guys are trying to adapt.
Huberdeau went from being an 80 even strength point player in Florida to a 25 pt one here.

Coaching is absolutely (part of) the problem.

Reactions: 23Monahan

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
In terms of firing Sutter and Treliving, I don't think either has done a bad job but not sure either has done anything worthy of keep their jobs as well.

I also don't think firing them really fixes anything either which might be the most concerning thing. We can't really rebuild with the deals for Kadri, Markstrom and Hubredeau. Maybe Hubredeau could move but it will be a bad deal if we do so and keeping those guys is going to make it tough to finish close to where we need to get the draft picks needed to rebuild.

It is really amazing how this team consistently puts itself in positions to not be able to rebuild while maintaining mediocrity on the ice. We are constantly in the worst spot for an organization to be but because we get a few play-offs games every couple of years ownership seems happy to maintain the course.

Huberdeau went from being an 80 even strength point player in Florida to a 25 pt one here.

Coaching is absolutely (part of) the problem.

Sutter has shown what he can do as a coach over his career and last season here. It seems doubtful that he magically forgot it all over the summer.

I am not sure why Huberdeau is given a pass, but Sutter gets all the blame. One has shown a hell of a lot more than the other.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
In terms of firing Sutter and Treliving, I don't think either has done a bad job but not sure either has done anything worthy of keep their jobs as well.

I also don't think firing them really fixes anything either which might be the most concerning thing. We can't really rebuild with the deals for Kadri, Markstrom and Hubredeau. Maybe Hubredeau could move but it will be a bad deal if we do so and keeping those guys is going to make it tough to finish close to where we need to get the draft picks needed to rebuild.

It is really amazing how this team consistently puts itself in positions to not be able to rebuild while maintaining mediocrity on the ice. We are constantly in the worst spot for an organization to be but because we get a few play-offs games every couple of years ownership seems happy to maintain the course.

Sutter has shown what he can do as a coach over his career and last season here. It seems doubtful that he magically forgot it all over the summer.

I am not sure why Huberdeau is given a pass, but Sutter gets all the blame. One has shown a hell of a lot more than the other.
What makes you think I'm giving Huberdeau a pass? Read the GDT.

Huberdeau and Sutter can both be the problem. Huberdeau has not come close to expectations and Sutter has square pegged him to the detriment of him and the team.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
What makes you think I'm giving Huberdeau a pass? Read the GDT.

Huberdeau and Sutter can both be the problem. Huberdeau has not come close to expectations and Sutter has square pegged him to the detriment of him and the team.

Maybe I am unfairly grouping you in with the fire Sutter crew and if so I apologize.

I think that Sutter is much less of a problem than the lack of quality on the roster. Fire him sure, I don't think that does anything to help Huberdeau score though, from my view that is on him playing poorly more than anything else.

Edit: I also don't see a good fit for Huberdeau on this team, which I think is a problem and not the only one, with how the team is constructed.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Flames could really use a top line right winger and a bottom pair left D (oh kylington how nice would it be if you came back)

Huberdeau Lindholm ______
Mangy Kadri Toffoli
Coleman Backs Dube
Ruzicka Zohorna Lewis

Really want to see the two Czech monsters play together.

Flames would soon be able to acquire Tarasenko with no retention but not sure the Blues pull the plug this early but he would be a really good fit.

Hanifin Ras
Z Weegar (this looked good tonight)

_______ Tanev

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Maybe I am unfairly grouping you in with the fire Sutter crew and if so I apologize.

I think that Sutter is much less of a problem than the lack of quality on the roster. Fire him sure, I don't think that does anything to help Huberdeau score though, from my view that is on him playing poorly more than anything else.
Oh no, if we miss the playoffs he should be fired. Feel free to disagree, but a win now roster being 500 is not cutting it.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Oh no, if we miss the playoffs he should be fired. Feel free to disagree, but a win now roster being 500 is not cutting it.

If we miss the play-offs sure fire him the expectations should be that at a very minimum so if he doesn't meet it I have no issue with him being fired. I just don't think it will do much to improve the team.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018

You start by saying you dont think treliving has done a bad job, then list all the reasons treliving has done a bad job lmao

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If we miss the play-offs sure fire him the expectations should be that at a very minimum so if he doesn't meet it I have no issue with him being fired. I just don't think it will do much to improve the team.
It probably won't. I agree, there is no point in an season move either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad