GDT: Flames (13-11-4) at Canadiens (13-12-2) SN, The Jake Allening: Part 2

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Phillips top 9 alert. Maybe Darryl shouldn't be driven out into the street after all????

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
In watching last game Phillips does seem really small and not fast and super-skilled or fast like Johnny Hockey or St. Louis or Fleury or even a Ronning. Being brutally honest.

That said I'm glad he's getting another chance in fact heck give him 5 games or more. Same for Zohoma.

Seeing Coleman on the 4th line is a bit painful but it is what it is. Guy hit the lottery for one contract. Save the money from the last couple of years.

We're not missing Looch and won't ever again. Guy had a good career and was fun to cheer on for awhile. But the contract was/is terrible. Time for riding out the press box into retirement.

All the mostly negative aside, we're still decently enough in a playoff race for looking so overall inept. Hopefully some continued gelling happens and we get progressively better. Fingers crossed.

Go Flams!

Reactions: Boomstick

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
We should be more worried that Huberdeau isn’t looking like himself

Huberdeau is the 3rd best defensive forward in defensive metrics, only Bergeron and Marchand were ahead of him. He went from a river hockey team in Florida to having to learn to play actual defense and has become one of the best defensive forwards in the league. His points will come, it hasn't even been 30 games for crying out loud.

The Flames top line, for as much heat as they're getting from fans, are one of the best defensive lines in the league they almost never get scored on. It's game 28 or w/e in the season, why this fanbase is freaking out is ridiculous. Tkachuk is putting up a ton of points playing for Florida and it has equated to them having a worse record than the Flames when Huberdeau has 20+ less points.

What did the greatest coach in the history of the league (Scotty Bowman) do when he got Yzerman who was putting up monster numbers, made him play defense and they won Cups because of it.

Tkachuk and Gaudreau didn't put up a ton of points when Sutter initially got here, next season they both destroyed their career highs when they learned how he wants them to play.

If Huberdeau is still a 40 point guy in 2 years then we can freak out, I'm not freaking out over a 25 game stretch where he has to learn an entirely different defensive system.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Huberdeau is the 3rd best defensive forward in defensive metrics, only Bergeron and Marchand were ahead of him. He went from a river hockey team in Florida to having to learn to play actual defense and has become one of the best defensive forwards in the league. His points will come, it hasn't even been 30 games for crying out loud.

The Flames top line, for as much heat as they're getting from fans, are one of the best defensive lines in the league they almost never get scored on. It's game 28 or w/e in the season, why this fanbase is freaking out is ridiculous. Tkachuk is putting up a ton of points playing for Florida and it has equated to them having a worse record than the Flames when Huberdeau has 20+ less points.

What did the greatest coach in the history of the league (Scotty Bowman) do when he got Yzerman who was putting up monster numbers, made him play defense and they won Cups because of it.

Tkachuk and Gaudreau didn't put up a ton of points when Sutter initially got here, next season they both destroyed their career highs when they learned how he wants them to play.

If Huberdeau is still a 40 point guy in 2 years then we can freak out, I'm not freaking out over a 25 game stretch where he has to learn an entirely different defensive system.
Huberdeau has 9 ESPs (8 actually) this season. He can be the best goddamn defensive forward in the world, for 10.5m he needs to be at least a PPG and ideally putting up around 50 ESPs.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Maybe Covid or something. Flues have been going around pretty bad for the last couple months in my work place. Hopefully it's something short term. Fingers crossed.

Oops I posted too quick. Hopefully it's an upper body that heals really quick!
Speaking of which this flu season has f***ing crippled me.

I've gotten sick twice in the previous 2 years, but since September (the day after I returned for New York) I've caught something once every month (haven't had a positive COVID test but who knows). Brutal shit having to work through it.

Reactions: Kahvi and Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Speaking of which this flu season has f***ing crippled me.

I've gotten sick twice in the previous 2 years, but since September (the day after I returned for New York) I've caught something once every month (haven't had a positive COVID test but who knows). Brutal shit having to work through it.

Indeed. I called in sick for a couple of shifts about a month ago, first time since Feb 2017 that I missed work. Then about 2 weeks later had a fever for a couple of days. Pounded OJ and fortunately didn't have to miss work again. Not covid and hopefully I'm over it all. Yeah definitely a few bad strains around.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Man I don't miss Casey Campbell, she just said if she could change anything in hockey she would bring the 2 line pass rule back..

• Haha
Reactions: Iggys Dome

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Huberdeau has 9 ESPs (8 actually) this season. He can be the best goddamn defensive forward in the world, for 10.5m he needs to be at least a PPG and ideally putting up around 50 ESPs.
I mean he’s on a 8 game streak of being on pace for point per game, 60 ESP points, while keeping the elite defensive impact and it hasn’t slowed down the complaints at all, so are you sure that’s the bar you’re setting?

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Apologies if this is inaccurate.. did Zohorna get to line 3 with Ruzicka and Phillips?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
In watching last game Phillips does seem really small and not fast and super-skilled or fast like Johnny Hockey or St. Louis or Fleury or even a Ronning. Being brutally honest.

That said I'm glad he's getting another chance in fact heck give him 5 games or more. Same for Zohoma.

Seeing Coleman on the 4th line is a bit painful but it is what it is. Guy hit the lottery for one contract. Save the money from the last couple of years.

We're not missing Looch and won't ever again. Guy had a good career and was fun to cheer on for awhile. But the contract was/is terrible. Time for riding out the press box into retirement.

All the mostly negative aside, we're still decently enough in a playoff race for looking so overall inept. Hopefully some continued gelling happens and we get progressively better. Fingers crossed.

Go Flams!
Yeah but he was still pretty effective and he goes to the dirty areas.

Apologies if this is inaccurate.. did Zohorna get to line 3 with Ruzicka and Phillips?

Only cause Lindholm is hurt

Reactions: Czechboy

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Indeed. I called in sick for a couple of shifts about a month ago, first time since Feb 2017 that I missed work. Then about 2 weeks later had a fever for a couple of days. Pounded OJ and fortunately didn't have to miss work again. Not covid and hopefully I'm over it all. Yeah definitely a few bad strains around.
I've been sick since last Tuesday or so. No Covid (home test) but really annoying normal flu). Well, at least I've been able to watch Flames games live on this wonderful road trip.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad