GDT: Flames (13-11-3) vs Leafs (17-5-6) - Familiar Faces @ 5pm MST HNIC

Do the Flames have a player break 60pts this year?

• Total voters

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
:flames vs :leafs

Putting my unbeaten(1-0) GDT streak on the line.

Flames take on the Leafs at Scotiabank Arena tonight after dropping a horrible game to the Blue Jackets last night. Can't imagine the b2b excuse is going to fly because other than Markstrom none of the Flames looked interested in breaking a sweat. Expecting Vladar to start and Matthew Phillips to make his season debut.

Kadri returns to Toronto for the first time as a member of the Flames. Flames face Gio and Brodie.

Matchup

GPG
CGY(3.0) 22nd v TOR(3.14) 15th

SoG
CGY(34.2) 5th v TOR(31.1) 18th

PP
CGY(19.8%) 25th v TOR(23.6%) 13th

GAA
CGY(3.0) 12th v TOR(2.36) 3rd

SoGA

CGY(28.0) 4th v TOR(29.5) 7th

PK
CGY(82.0%) 5th v TOR(80.4%) 10th

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Look the offensive turnaround Benn's had with a coaching change. Sutter's gotta swallow his pride and give Huberdeau a lot more offensive freedom.

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Another I get to miss due to nigjtshift. Will watch in the am tomorrow.

Can't help but think Putting Hubes on the right side and Toffoli on the left side for one-timers is the better way to go on the PP. But what do I know.

Good luck Flames and fans!

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
I am going to guess Phillips wont play tonight. Sutter likes his size and said phillips is not a 4th liner and hasnt earned a chance over anyone in the top 9. I think he should play forsure but not very optimistic. Would be very happy to be wrong. My guess is we play slow Lucic for 5 minutes, he hasnt missed a game yet this season...

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'm looking forward to having to miss the one game where Phillips gets to play with Backlund and Ruzicka

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Zohorna back in? What did he do to get benched?
Zohorna didnt get benched, he was out for the last shift lastnight, and was actually screening the goalie late in the game for our only goal. I guess he will be back on the 4th line tonight but havent seen any lines put out yet.

Reactions: Czechboy

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
It would be absolutely bush league if philips isnt in the lineup tonight. I dont care for the oh hes earned it in the AHL stuff because maybe he hasnt to sutter. But you dont just call him up first, have him answer all that about getting an opportunity then scratch him late for another later call up.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Lucic is terrible so not a big loss having him out of the line-up but Zohorna and Phillips aren't any better so meh.

At least it will end the whining though and just have those same people move onto making excuses why the AHLers are playing like crap despite being given chances to play.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

6913270e-7c37-4e2f-9cfd-35c7c2892d3c_text.gif

I'd be happy if all we do is end that twerp Marner's point streak. Probably too much too ask tho

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lucic is terrible so not a big loss having him out of the line-up but Zohorna and Phillips aren't any better so meh.

At least it will end the whining though and just have those same people move onto making excuses why the AHLers are playing like crap despite being given chances to play.
The worst case scenario is they are no better than the absolute garbage we iced in our bottom 6, and at the very least they add some youth and energy.

Or they could also be another Ruzicka story. But ahhh why be positive above anything.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Well I mean for one they can skate.

Reactions: 23Monahan

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
The worst case scenario is they are no better than the absolute garbage we iced in our bottom 6, and at the very least they add some youth and energy.

Or they could also be another Ruzicka story. But ahhh why be positive above anything.

I don't think the Ruzicka story is going to be much once he plays enough game to even out his early luck so far this season, but yes out crap players have been bad so might as well try something new.

As for the positive crap. I never get why for some "fans" being needlessly positive for no reason is looked at as a good thing. Why not just be honest and realistic. Nothing wrong with that in my books.

Reactions: ChadBigly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad