Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t know that I’ll ever forgive this team for embarassing Jack Edwards like this. I’m fine. I’ve seen this shit before.

Oh here’s Montgomery. f***ing apologize you dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit: nope. A pre written statement with no emotion. Goodbye Coach!

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I try not to get too high or too low as it is just a game and I have no control of it.

Having said that, what Pastrnak and McAvoy have put in the ice in these last two, has been nothing short of embarrassing. They should be ashamed.

The only comfort I take from this is Swayman is absolutely the real deal and with a better team in front of him could absolutely take you far. I hate this cliche, but he’s got that dog in him.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The McAvoy critcism is over the top IMO. And I say that as a poster who was ripping him for being an idiot after the first goal.

He was out there trying to make things happen with a roster that was seemingly incapable of executing anything. Yeah, he took a huge risk on the second Leafs goal with two minutes left in the game. Of course he did. They are down and there are two minutes left before it goes to a game 7. He wanted to take the guy off the puck. I've got no issue with that.

I don't see McAvoy as "a problem". Build a better roster.
When the next core of leadership keep saying that they know that they need to fix things and play better, but lay goose eggs, then yes, I think it's fair to criticize them.

Talk is cheap. They need to put up or shut up.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
When the next core of leadership keep saying that they know that they need to fix things and play better, but lay goose eggs, then yes, I think it's fair to criticize them.

Talk is cheap. They need to put up or shut up.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticized. Just that some of it goes too far. I wish he was playing better, but I also don't think he's mailing it in and I especially don't think he needs to be traded.

Reactions: Spjutmuren

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I was dead serious in the GDT that anyone who make any kind of drinking comment towards Monty needs to be banned for Game 7.

Everyone’s frustrated about one thing or another and you may not like the coach but to wish he relapse is just vile and unaccptable.
This. You can be mad as hell at him but personal attacks like that are too far.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I know realistically this idea is far fetched but there's a part of me that can't help thinking that as soon as Florida beat out Tampa some of these guys decided they'd rather not keep playing in round 2.

They rarely fail to disappoint though don't they? Feels exactly the same as it did last year.

I think they will lose game 7 and lose it big. It'll be like St. Louis.

Then the Leafs will go out in 5 against Florida and we can sit back and watch some actual good hockey when Florida and Carolina play.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
This core is rotten. Adding a center isn’t going to change shut. There are too many weak players. Hate to be Neely at this point. No way they win Saturday. Better start thinking on the decision.
Honestly I'm shocked Neely has allowed this sort of mush head team to be built, and I don't mean just this season, the roots go back a way.

Reactions: duffy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad